Hunting Rifle into quick AR that uses ball ammo

haniblecter

Veteran XX
Hello!

I want an AR.

I need a repeater Hunting Rifle for deer killing below the 'rifle line': State legislature recently made it legal to hunt with a rifle with ball-only below the bay (hold up your left hand, draw a line across your hand from the thumb webbing, that's the state rifle line)

I'd like something shorter barrel ~16'', that looks pretty mundane, if short, that with the addition of a quick pistol grip, 20-30rnd clip, and foregrip can be turned into some offensive power.

I'd go to a gun nut, but I'd like to hear from the resident gun nuts any ideas.

Ball ammo is just regular fmj.
I thought what changed is that any legal firearm can be used during muzzleloader season if you are in a CWD since

I wish I was a gun nut. I'd help you. This sounds like fascinating stuff. Want my opinion on 38s?

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/hunting_and_trapping_digest_461177_7.pdf said:

A .35 caliber or larger rifle loaded with straight-walled cartridges with a min.
case length of 1.16 inches and a maximum case length of 1.80 inches

Finally just wen to the manual. Want something like that, doesnt look tactical, but can have a foregrip and pistol grip slapped on quickly, shorter barrel for ease of transport and carrying.

Straight walled was what I was looking for.

is OP in the US? my ignorant understanding is that sub 16" is a short barrel rifle, which requires an ATF stamp and monies and waits. state rifle line? wtf?

edit-

grungir is already smacking down the thred. wtf muzzleloader CWD stance?

.450 Bushmaster

Straight walled , single stacks into AR15 mags.

pretty sick

Review: Ruger American Ranch Rifle .450 Bushmaster - Guns Ammo

AmericanRanchRifleStock.gif

You want an AR... so go buy an AR. What's your budget? You can get one anywhere from $400 to $4,000.

For hunting I'd actually recommend a 20" barrel rifled 1:7 and chambered for 5.56mm NATO. How badly do you need carbine length?

And how big are the deer in your state?

Last edited:
you typed 16" but probably meant 18". Below 18 with a stock is a short barreled rifle and you need to register with the ATF.

Back