[HUNTER] Proc question ...

Error|550

Veteran X
Improved Concussion Shot. Does anyone know of any metrics concerning how often this procs? vs. higher level mobs? vs. same level mobs? vs. lower level mobs? Does it matter? Does weapon type matter (gun/bow/crossbow)?

If this is a completely random proc no matter agility, weapon, level, etc., then I'm seriously thinking of dropping it as it bascially never procs. Used to go off fairly frequently, particularly in PvP, before 2.0 and now it hardly ever goes off.

Thanks!

:D

That's what it says in the tooltip, sure, but in practice I recently counted 20 shots on a target and it never proc'd once. Tried the same tracking again across 5-6 targets and it proc'd twice.

Targets were all level 59/60 and my toon is 58 at the moment which is why I was wondering if level has something to do with it.

:shrug:

Level has something to do with every skill in the game.

Even-level tests are the only valid ones, unless you are explicitly testing a level-based mechanic like Crushing/Glancing.

It would make more sense to me if it triggered at the same rate but was resisted more/less often by level differences.

That's what it says in the tooltip, sure, but in practice I recently counted 20 shots on a target and it never proc'd once. Tried the same tracking again across 5-6 targets and it proc'd twice.

Stats 101. Even if it says 20% that doesn't mean you'll get 20 procs every 100 shots. Every tine you shoot there's a rand function involved 1 - 100, and if it lands within the proc range it'll proc. It's entirely possible given that you could proc more than 20% or less than 20%.

When I was specc'd Mark it didn't go off as much as I had liked it too, and certainly not at all at the times you may have needed it.

Wow a Feannag post that resembles sensibility.

I guess if you keep trying eventually you get it right.

Or maybe it's just because the post isn't really Wow-related.

Wow a Feannag post that resembles sensibility.

I guess if you keep trying eventually you get it right.

Or maybe it's just because the post isn't really Wow-related.

I wised up some almost a year ago, but I found it's more entertaining to see people's reactions to my posts. Also I just play the game and don't do much (if any) research compared to you nerds who probably have the gameplay mechanics down to DPS charts and functions.

You instult makes little, if any, sense. You under the weather or something? Usually you're a lot more jaded and crass about it.

I have a job, and some form of a life so I don't play WoW nearly as often as I did the previous year. So I certainly don't sit down the sift through WoW websites looking for ways of maximizing class performance or figuring out how to master PvP by mashing a handful of spells/skills. It's a game, no one would care how well or how poorly I play and I certainly only care enough to get hte job done on my respective class.

So if people here want to find that exact build and that one weapon that'll eek out another 1.04% crit then be my guest, but that person won't be me.

You instult makes little, if any, sense. You under the weather or something? Usually you're a lot more jaded and crass about it.

I have a job, and some form of a life so I don't play WoW nearly as often as I did the previous year. So I certainly don't sit down the sift through WoW websites looking for ways of maximizing class performance or figuring out how to master PvP by mashing a handful of spells/skills. It's a game, no one would care how well or how poorly I play and I certainly only care enough to get hte job done on my respective class.

So if people here want to find that exact build and that one weapon that'll eek out another 1.04% crit then be my guest, but that person won't be me.
Look, it was a simple anology. A deaf dumb and blind person can't see art. Thus, they are unable to judge it.

Much as they are deprived of any frame of reference for art, you are deprived of any frame of reference for intelligence. It has *nothing* at all to do with WoW, despite this being the WoW forum. You are a complete, utter, un-flagging IDIOT. Here, on general, and in real life. Not even trolling you, I'm amazed you're alive, you're THAT stupid.

Back