[HTML/CSS] White spacing in IE only?

The response to a survey completed by our clients for a separate hospital (one of our others) was that the drop down menu was the most proficient way of helping them handle their emergency. Although I do appreciate your input, as I said previously: "I know the webpage has other problems."

This is just a template with filler for a reason. So I can mess with it.

Or are you wondering why none of the links work?
Or why the file is hosted on a completely different website?
Or do you use your brain to formulate thoughts?

Last edited:
That's odd, because you have the exact same info about 2 inches to the right. How could it be the most proficient way of handling their emergency when the info was already visible and includes more information? Not to include users where the jscript was not running and broke the hidden div itself, preventing it from being useful.

edit: to clarify, i dont mean the "drop down menu" like you said, but the hidden div that slides to reveal already visible info using the jquery script when you click "Click here for emergency"

That's the menu I was referring to, not the CSS menu, sorry. And there should be no reason, unless you're on a commodore 64, that the jquery menu isn't fully functional.

And as I said, it's just a template with filler. The content to the right will not be the content that is presented. As I said before, I am only trying to troubleshoot this one problem.

Does daddy need to hold your hand?

No, but he probably knows more about CSS if you need pointers. It's nice you understand fully how js degrades, but can't figure out styling on a div.

Tell your "friend" whose "site youre fixing" that he might want to continue using the regular site like I 10 Pet Emergency as it looks better and more professional without using a gimmicky sliding div trick. Not to mention it would probably work on that C64 you have floating around for testing.

No need to be a smart ass when you come looking for advice.

overflow:hidden;

edit:

nm. What the fuck, your code is a mess. Easy solution: Use divs.

Last edited:
The design of this site is messy at best.

The menu nav thing that expands to list each and every team member?
Or links to the address and contact under main, even though the address is at the bottom, and under the contact us menu?

The redundant AJAX slide down that, as Gringo says, lists the same thing that is already on the right side?

Scrap the stuff that isn't needed first, then work with what is left.

The problem is that the map image is too tall, and leaves unaccounted for space that IE isn't handling well, so it slaps in the 10px or so right under the "Click here for immediate assistance" table cell.

I'm not going to bother to figure out exactly what is causing it, but something with the way the right cell and the styles applied to it are causing the left cells to be improperly rendered. Fix the right cell rendering, and you'll get the left cell to work right. It could take you a while. Might just be worth it to go with a div layout than this mess of a table layout.

(And for the love of god, fix the fucking markup, it's some of the messiest crap I've had to read in a long time.)

Back