How would like to remembered?

The Obi dide/not dide thread got me thinking...When your time comes how would like people to remember you? People will always try to say reasonably nice things about someone when they die but inside they have a real opinion of you.

I have thought about this a bit and I would prefer if people just paid me no mind when I'm gone. I would hope my family would remember me as a good person but I don't want my name on a building or anything like that. If anything I like for folks to say occasionally "Shit...I wish SC was still around. He'd know what to do." I think that would be a great compliment and a great way to be remembered.

edit: apparently I'll be remembered as the retard that can't write a coherent sentence.

Last edited:
This one with the botched title should be deleted.

By the way, you can edit a thread title up to a couple of minutes after posting it by double-clicking on the blank space next to the title on the thread index.

:rofl: Nice one SC.
Hey, you remember SC?
SC?
yeah, that Canadian Seal or whatever. You know, the one that typed like a Chinamen?
Oh yeah! That guy. Didn't the Indians steal all his chickens or some shit?
No. I think it was sheep.

Anyway, the way you are remembered is how you were.

Personally, I care about my family and especially the kids. I want everyone to feel like there was nothing left unsaid. I try to keep all my important relationships tight like that. You never know. As far as anyone else? I DGAF. If anything, when they think about me I want them to smile.

This one with the botched title should be deleted.

By the way, you can edit a thread title up to a couple of minutes after posting it by double-clicking on the blank space next to the title on the thread index.

fuch data

I would like to be remembered as a nice guy who did nice things with nice people!
This is what everyone says.

I have a hard drive of all my digital pictures and videos. I hope it survives longer than 2 generations or they convert it to a new format. It's 562 gb of data (Jpegs, Movs, Mpgs). I make multiple copies using Beyond Compare 4.

The videos of me are at Christmas and playing keyboards with the band. Otherwise it's mostly Ashley riding horses in shows. Plenty of pictures and videos of my mom, dad, and even the grand mothers (converted VHS tapes). I did pretty good at preserving the memories.

Last edited:
I'd like to be remembered as the guy who made two almost identical threads on tw without having the mods take the trouble to merge them.

Back