How shitty is Sim City Societies?

Kurayami

Banned
I had an urge to play SC4 the other day, so I reinstalled it.
I have discovered that the game crashes every two seconds unless you have a piece of shit Creative sound card. Short of removing my Montego that works flawlessly in every single other game/application on the planet, there's really not much that I can do.

However, I'd like to play Sim City for a few days.

My choices are to pull out 3000 or to "buy" Societies.

From what I recall, Societies apparently had a retard mode that removed every single aspect that made the SC series even slightly entertaining so that drooling Myspace fuckwits could place pretty buildings wherever they liked. Is this retard mode the only mode available, or is there a way to play it like SC4?

Aside:
This is another reason that I don't pay for EA products anymore (despite EA being a shit company that generally only publishes shit titles, I mean.)
SC4 was the only EA game that I've purchased in the past 8 years and it's the only game I own that won't run. :lol:

I want to punch the EA's board until they shit out their bones.

Discuss/thanks to any non-fags.

FAG LINE START
------------------------------------

FAG LINE END

first

FAG LINE START

Last edited:
I was really getting in to SC3000 a few months back. After I got my xbox I kinda forgot about the game though. I never noticed how complicated it really is before this last time I played. I used to play a lot when I was a kid. And by play I mean get a city started and then bombard it with disasters when it starts to go bankrupt. I may pick it up again some time soon. It's just not all that fun, even when you've got a city running in the green, and I like my games to be fun.

i played it for 10 minutes and found it so mindbogglingly stupid it wasnt worth the time to download/install/play/angrily shake fist/uninstall

2000 is by far the best. Societies is nothing like the previous ones. I bought it, played it for a couple hours and uninstalled it.

It's pretty much a steaming pile of shit. They basically let another studio that isn't Maxis go crazy with the Simcity formula, and what they came up with is an affront to the long history of the Simcity franchise. :(

The problem with 3000 is that it's an improvement over the games that came before it, but it still leaves you wanting more when you know about SC4. SC4 with Rush Hour is pretty much the pinnacle of Simcity awesomeness. And seriously, if your system can't handle a game from 2003 at this point, you're lame.

Back