How much money to be considered rich at 25?

braski

Veteran XV
How much would someone at 25 need to have for you to consider them rich?
Self-made, not inherited..

gonna say 100k

100k? There are tons of 25 year olds out there with 100k. That is down payment money and not even close to being rich.

Maybe he means 100k annual income. Cuz 100k in a savings account doesn't make you rich, if anything it just makes you good at saving... aka cheap.

100k? not a chance...

if you are talking salary? 250k
if you are talking net worth? at least a million.

I think most single 25 year olds would be able to live a comfortable life style at 35-40k annual income - 100k+ income per year is a lot for most people, so for a 25 year old it's pretty good. I don't think there's a set #, but that'd be a pretty good bench mark.

The OP is saying "rich"...

Not well off, not very comfortable.

"Rich", to me, means I can walk into a Maserti dealership and buy one with cash, own a home (or beach house), and eat and drink well. Making 100k / year at 25 is very comfortable, especially if you live within your means and don't blow it on stupid shit..that said, it is not rich.

And to get a net worth of a million at 25 you invented something, play a professional sport, or you inherited it.

Not only do you all date skinny supermodels you're all rich too. I know Akuma, you sirs, are no Akuma.

sarbuze i think you need a visit to nigeria

Why, because I gave what I consider to be an example of someone who is rich at the age of 25 in the USA? Any of us could move to Nigeria and be considered quite wealthy...that's not what the OP asked...

man and I thought 100k was kind of overshooting it.

honestly take a good sample of 200 25 year olds and if having 100k in the bank isn't way ahead of the average (like top 1%) then lol

was joking with you sarbuze. your whole last post about maserattis and beach houses is kind of missing the point of the thread

being able to afford rent on a 1br at 25 in a decent city is pretty well off for 25, and thats no where near 100k. i dont know why you think you need to own a beach house and buy a 200k car to be rich at 25

Back