how many domains do you own?

I used to have some just to dump files and photoshops and have a unique email, then tysoft fell off the earth and everything went to shit

I have Google hosting two of my three domains, and find their GMail service handy for tracking spam. I signup with a unique address for any site (like tribalwar@mydomain.com) and then I know if anything comes to that address that isn't from the site then they've either been hacked or shared my email address with a third party without my knowledge. Every email sent to my domain that isn't to an account I've created goes to my "admin" inbox.

you know you can do this with any gmail account, right?

so say my email is fourstar@gmail.com and i signed up at tribalwar, i can use fourstar+tribalwar@gmail.com, so fourstar+facebook@gmail.com, fourstar+twitter@gmail.com etc etc etc

if you have google apps on your domain it should work as well. that way you can just setup filters based on the email address

I have Google hosting two of my three domains, and find their GMail service handy for tracking spam. I signup with a unique address for any site (like tribalwar@mydomain.com) and then I know if anything comes to that address that isn't from the site then they've either been hacked or shared my email address with a third party without my knowledge. Every email sent to my domain that isn't to an account I've created goes to my "admin" inbox.
edit: someone already said above to use the +@gmail.com

you know you can do this with any gmail account, right?

so say my email is fourstar@gmail.com and i signed up at tribalwar, i can use fourstar+tribalwar@gmail.com, so fourstar+facebook@gmail.com, fourstar+twitter@gmail.com etc etc etc

if you have google apps on your domain it should work as well. that way you can just setup filters based on the email address
Yeah, but that only works for receiving email. Tell me how you're going to send from fourstar+tribalwar@gmail.com or some other fake address if you ever need to reply to an email using the address it was sent to.

I've had customer service cancel tickets because I replied from my "admin" account instead of the address I signed up with. I just create an actual account for their site temporarily to answer them without problems. Once the issue is resolved I delete the account and I still receive their emails.

It's rarely an issue since most emails are limited to verifications requiring visiting a link. If that's all you need to do then the +site trick is fine.

None, but a while back someone registered some domain under my address apparently, I don't remember it exactly but its like bigblackgaycocks.com or something just as swell.

I get renewal notices once a year for it and just throw it away but it keeps coming. Been getting them for the last like 4 years.

None, but a while back someone registered some domain under my address apparently, I don't remember it exactly but its like bigblackgaycocks.com or something just as swell.

I get renewal notices once a year for it and just throw it away but it keeps coming. Been getting them for the last like 4 years.

Someone is trying to tell u something.

I own pay2lose.com but it just redirects to my youtube chan

To find mine you'd have to search for "A Happy Dreamhost Customer" or whatever they put on anonymous registrations.

ya most of mine are as well. But I have the feeling some might not be. So always curious to see if I can find out without manually checking them all.

Back