How do you fix the mouse input?

Hellsfury

Veteran XX
I downloaded AFireInAsa's pack to travel back in time to 1998 and indulge in a little nostalgia.

However, my mouse cursor is not responding well and acting like it has a huge acceleration dead spot in the middle of it.

What can be done?

do you have a graphics card? Tribes will display in 32 or 64 bit depending on your screen/graphic settings

to use 32 bit openGL render instead of 64 enable it in your monitors color options via right click menu.

To disable input lag put this code in your autoexec.cs
Code:
$pref:terrainlodamount = 0;
$pref::OpenGL::useMultiTexturing = "True";
$pref::OpenGL::flushAfterPasses = "False";
$pref::waitforvsync = "False";
$pref::useMouseSmoothing = "False";

then in your graphics card settings disable vsync. it doesn't matter if its enabled or disabled in the clientpref.cs your card determines if vsync is actually on or not.

despite what anyone else may say, you can take my word for it or not. I'm just trying to help. No one needs a lengthy response on how this may or may not work.

edit: 1.40/1.41 does not support 16bit openGL rendering so don't try. only 1.11/1.3 will

do you have a graphics card? Tribes will display in 32 or 64 bit depending on your screen/graphic settings

to use 32 bit openGL render instead of 64 enable it in your monitors color options via right click menu.

To disable input lag put this code in your autoexec.cs
Code:
$pref:terrainlodamount = 0;
$pref::OpenGL::useMultiTexturing = "True";
$pref::OpenGL::flushAfterPasses = "False";
$pref::waitforvsync = "False";
$pref::useMouseSmoothing = "False";

then in your graphics card settings disable vsync. it doesn't matter if its enabled or disabled in the clientpref.cs your card determines if vsync is actually on or not.

despite what anyone else may say, you can take my word for it or not. I'm just trying to help. No one needs a lengthy response on how this may or may not work.

edit: 1.40/1.41 does not support 16bit openGL rendering so don't try. only 1.11/1.3 will

All of these values were already set in ClientPrefs.cs

I manged to solve the problem.

It has to do with Windows 7 Mouse Settings.

I disabled "Enhanced Pointer Precision" and increased the pointer speed a notch at a time until the Tribes Cursor began responding again.

Now it feels like it should.

[VGU] Woo-Hoo!

I guess if it is set too low, Tribes can not register slow movement of the mouse properly(?)

cursor_02.jpg

Last edited:
pointer precision is windows mouse accel and should always be turned off that was the real issue imo

tribes has its own mouse accel so when you have windows + tribes it will just totally fuck ur mouse over

but many games are like this so i thought it was common sense

tweeking your windows mouse sensitivty to something you like is also common sense

interesting 1.40 seems to be influenced by the computer settings?

No wonder how many times I copied my sensitivity settings from 1.1 to 1.3 it never did feel the same.

Tribes 1 is a special case... being that it was created for win98.

Modern games do not suffer the level of dysfunction with the mouse like I was having with Tribes.

But, it's all good. Was a simple fix.

Naturally it would take tribes to point it out... because that's why Tribes is awesome.

Last edited:
dude tribes is soo quirky

I think the weirdest thing I've seen it do was change funky colors after alt tabbing in and out of the game.

Back