How do you debug scripts which dont work?

Pachacutec

Veteran X
I can infer correct syntax from other scripts I find, but all the console says is "invalid script". I'm trying to get spoonbot 1.3 working in 1.4 so I can practice midairs and pwn thumper.

usually console tells u syntax error when u try to exec the script

usually invalid script when cant find or wrong format (not .cs)

but normal debugging:
they give you the line number, you check that number and fix it :p
so make sure to enter the correct filepath

for finding harder errors in scheduled functions
Code:
$Console::printLevel = 5;

Last edited:
Honestly though just get spoonbot running on a dedicated 1.11 server (extra pIII box you have laying around) rather than trying to get it to work with 1.40. Use your client config for client configing and do server config on a server.

lemon can u make me a custom script that will toss all my weps and ammo at keypress, i want 2 use as taunt when i am flying past enemy cus i m fastest capper left in game ims

well i started a dedicated server on my local, how do i find it in server browser in another tribes instance?
what do you do after the console finishes loading? the server starts and then ends with

membot.dll (0.5.18) loaded
%

Last edited:
you should be able to connect by ip and port

connect("012.345.679.8:port#");

if it's behind a router you'll have to forward the correct port

you can also register with master servers by making sure host public game is true and you're using the correct master servers in serverprefs.cs

Shouldn't have to deal with master server if I recall correctly from LAN games. Tribes automatically would scan local. Just refresh list on client, looking for server name or one that pings 0?

hmm refreshed all twice and no 0 ping server showed up... arg! so close i can taste it..

The spoonbot complete dist is 1.3 and i'm running 1.4 client, that shouldn't be a prob right?

hmm refreshed all twice and no 0 ping server showed up... arg! so close i can taste it..

The spoonbot complete dist is 1.3 and i'm running 1.4 client, that shouldn't be a prob right?

is the server on a different box

is there a router

Code:
echo($Server::Address);
in server console

Back