how do universal remote codes work?

gabe

Veteran X
I have an old ass remote control and a new vizio tv. if the vizio code isn't listed on the remote control's table, does that mean that vizio will just use one of the codes for another brand of remotes already listed? or will it use one of the codes not listed?

is each code a certain electronic configuration like for code 0001 the first button is power, 2nd button is volume, and 3rd button is for channels? or are the codes matched to actual brands so that samsung or another TV maker publishes their TV's receiving capabilities and the remote maker creates a profile of that manufacturer and assigns it a code?

man this is annoying. code search, tv, power, power, power, power, power, power, power, power, power, power, ...200 more times and still nothing.

Here is a list of remote control codes that may enable your remote control to work with your VIZIO TV.

3 Digit codes: 004, 502, 627

4 Digit codes: 0178, 1758, 0128, 1017

5 Digit codes: 10864, 01376, 00476, 00810, 00276, 01187, 01254

Maybe it's time to get a new remote control. Vizio a a brand has been around for a while now...

Here is a list of remote control codes that may enable your remote control to work with your VIZIO TV.

3 Digit codes: 004, 502, 627

4 Digit codes: 0178, 1758, 0128, 1017

5 Digit codes: 10864, 01376, 00476, 00810, 00276, 01187, 01254

so what kind of tv does yankee have?

i've googled the shit out of this remote and the only instructions online are for searching for the code by pressing power 200 times. manually programming a code isn't on any of the sites i've looked. i've seen the same question asked a lot without an answer

I have an LG flatscreen in my room with the associated LG remote however the remote doesn't work

I spent like 2 hours online with manuals and shit trying to find out the answer but none of what I found had anything about setting up the remote

the only thing that works on my remote is a tiny box at the bottom of the remote labelled "TV" with power, volume and channel.. but it means I have to manually scroll through to get to channels every time

halp

I have an LG flatscreen in my room with the associated LG remote however the remote doesn't work

I spent like 2 hours online with manuals and shit trying to find out the answer but none of what I found had anything about setting up the remote

the only thing that works on my remote is a tiny box at the bottom of the remote labelled "TV" with power, volume and channel.. but it means I have to manually scroll through to get to channels every time

halp
Is there some type of slider switch on it at all?

what do you mean by slider switch?

and I'm going to say no

also when I try the LG site and put in my TV's model number, it doesn't even exist

remote is model number AKB54088001

tv is model number 32L G20

I will paypal $5 to anyone who can tell me how to program/reprogram my remote to work properly with my television

Wow, the only manual I can find for Obibun's TV is a manual for 23 different TVs, including LCDs and Plasmas. Also none of the remotes in the manual match his. WTF, LG?

Back