hot sauce

No, but I like mixing a few hot sauces together in a jar of Ranch dressing.
Dr_Lrg_Jalapeno-Ranch.png

To make it last longer, I'll empty half the jar into another container, then add red salsa and more hot sauce. I basically mix and match Ranch dressing, salsa, and hot sauces.

Last edited:
making your own hot sauce is a douchey thing to 2 do

there r millions of diff brands of hot sauce y not find some rare 1 and be a snob abt it instead

making your own hot sauce is a douchey thing to 2 do

there r millions of diff brands of hot sauce y not find some rare 1 and be a snob abt it instead

Because it's easier to mash up a bunch of chilies in a jar and leave it on the counter for a week? It's like being a slob but with purpose.

No, but I like mixing a few hot sauces together in a jar of Ranch dressing.
Dr_Lrg_Jalapeno-Ranch.png

To make it last longer, I'll empty half the jar into another container, then add red salsa and more hot sauce. I basically mix and match Ranch dressing, salsa, and hot sauces.

mgj and ranch dressing

stay healthy my friends

I like to make short fermentation hot sauces like you have mentioned. I switch up the peppers, like the flavor of Habaneros most and then cut it with carrots.

I like to make short fermentation hot sauces like you have mentioned. I switch up the peppers, like the flavor of Habaneros most and then cut it with carrots.

this is my first attempt. it's just red jalepenos and some garlic. right now it looks like the fermentation has seriously slowed down. it's been going for about 5 days. acidity is way up. flavor isn't bad, but it's a little one-dimensional.

I blended in some fresh jalapenos and some other pepper that was in my fridge that my mom found in her garden. flavor has improved. I've moved it out to separate jars so I can experiment with it in smaller batches.

rather than cleaning out the fermentation jar I stuffed some napa cabbage in it to make some kimchee.

the end.

sometimes i like to toss all the bullshit aside and ferment me up some hot sauce. toss in some carrots, some pussy.

this is my first attempt. it's just red jalepenos and some garlic. right now it looks like the fermentation has seriously slowed down. it's been going for about 5 days. acidity is way up. flavor isn't bad, but it's a little one-dimensional.

Are you pureeing / adding vinegar after the fermentation?

Back