[Home Stereo System] Surround sound w/ woofer under 300$?

walmart has surround with a sub thats $30.00. When I turn it up the cops get called on me. Comes with a remote.

Haha, $300? Just buy some home theater in a box - it is your only option at that price.

They have some decent ones..I have a Pioneer system that rocks...I paid 400for it...5.1 dolby digital etc..etc.....They had a cheaper unit, but mine came with a very good dvd player that plays everything...

My room is pretty small so I don't need auditorium-level sound, just something to play some loud music during the day and get some surround sound gaming in at night. I like that Onkyo so far ..

Computer speakers are designed for being listened to in very close proximity. Their quality degrades very quickly as you step back to lounge-esque distances.

Audio equipment for home cinemas gets very costly very quickly (many people pay about $300 just for a speaker), but as said above you can get some reasonable all-in-one kits. I also heard of Pioneer doing a good one, though I forget which model. Trusted Reviews is a good place that reviews such all-in-one kits.

Bear in mind that for quality, each speaker is expensive. Therefore, going from 2 speakers to 4/5/etc can be a very significant cost addition. Evaluate whether or not you'd rather have more speakers that sound average, or less that sound very good.

if you live near atlanta i'll sell you my athena system for $800

pair of F-2.2's, F-1.2's, C-1.2 and a dayton sub.

Back