Hey NGFM - Did you....

iu

I rode it pre and post loop. I survived but it was a rough ride just before they closed it. I never wanted to go on it again. RMC could have fixed it and made it something cool. But they were not around yet.

For example, Cedar Point had Mean Streak, and it was also a rough ride. RMC came along and made it the #1 ride in the park with their make over (Steel Vengeance).

Last edited:
i went 2 tokyo disneyland yesterday and it was raining so we didn't ride the only "real" coaster there bc it was 40 degrees and soaking wet so fuk that but we did ride some of the other rides like journey to the center of the earth and it was fun mostly bc the two jap girls sitting behind us kept yelling in what i can best describe as a japanese "valley girl" accent the entire time

thats my contribution to this thread

hi robert

Hi LGBR.

I'm used to living alone. Don't need a room mate.

The parks will be open, but require a mask and reservation to get in, which is a PITA. Plus airline travel is another hassle. I'd like to visit some parks this year but we'll see. Busch Gardens Tampa will have a new coaster (Iron Gwazi) which is made by RMC and will take the records for tallest hybrid, so I have that to look forward too.

I rode it pre and post loop. I survived but it was a rough ride just before they closed it. I never wanted to go on it again. RMC could have fixed it and made it something cool. But they were not around yet.

For example, Cedar Point had Mean Streak, and it was also a rough ride. RMC came along and made it the #1 ride in the park with their make over (Steel Vengeance).

What makes it a rough ride?

Hi LGBR.

I'm used to living alone. Don't need a room mate.

The parks will be open, but require a mask and reservation to get in, which is a PITA. Plus airline travel is another hassle. I'd like to visit some parks this year but we'll see. Busch Gardens Tampa will have a new coaster (Iron Gwazi) which is made by RMC and will take the records for tallest hybrid, so I have that to look forward too.

You shouldn't be alone, imagine the fun adventures the two of you could have...

What makes it a rough ride?
It would shake a lot and there would be bumps like pot holes at the bottom of each hill. This would cause the back to be compressed. At the same time, my head was being bounced like a basketball from all the shaking and bumps. The cars were small so there was no leg room. My legs were pressed up against the front wall of the car. Wooden roller coasters shake and people know this is part of the ride. But SOB took it to a new level and it was um-rideable after a while. They removed the loop, replaced track sections, and tried different trains, but it didn't help. Like I said, they needed an RMC make over but they didn't exist at that time.

If you want to experience what this feels like, go ride The Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags over Georgia. Then go ride their RMC called Twisted Cyclone and there's your difference. I rode the GASM as a kid back in the 70s. Same coaster, and I probably won't ride it any more because it's so rough.

Last edited:
Back