Help

Shad0w

Veteran X
Sense the retail release ive been having this issue with the game.For awhile i thot it was just my pc, but after replacing a psu and ram, its still bugged out.

Basicly my PC will reboot randomly.But ONLY while playing TV,either in lan or over the net.Ive tried my other games (ut2k4 and a few others) and everything runs fine.The restarts happen totally random while in game, sometimes i can play for hours sometimes 5 mins tops..

Ive uninstalled the game reinstalled, tried updating drivers for just about every aspect of the pc.Doubled checked bios settings etc..Nothing..

Anyone have any ideas suggestions..This is cutting into my game time and replacing parts is cutting into my new vid card cash :flame: .

2600+ AMD(333mhz fsb ver)
PC3200 Corsair 1gb
Asus A7N8X Deluxe MB
Ti4400 gf4 128mb

You need to use epoxy on the GPU's ram in order to increase the thermal cooling coefficient. Vengeances is a very demanding game when it comes to requiring high thermal cooling coefficients. Also, you need to use fine sandpaper to remove the buildup of dust on your motherboard. Take out the GPU and do the epoxy treatment and let it sit till it cures and drys. In the meantime, carefully use the fine sandpaper (dry not wet, duh) to clean up the motherboard. The problem is clearly not related to your PSU or RAM since you replaced them. Please post back on how your problem turns out.

random reboots could be many different things.

1. Do a ram check to make sure there isnt bed ram in there. Could cause stability issues.
2. Powersupply not giving enough power or dying.
-The new video cards recommend a 400-450 watt power supply. If you have many hard disks, cd, dvd, fancy lights, usb jack ins your powersupply may not be able to power everything properly thus having stability issues. If you have 350 watt or less powersupply this may be it. People tend not to give a second look at this when upgrading their machines.

3. OS stability issues. ya sure no other games or things you can do will create this?

4. God may be punishing you for reasons only you know... cant help ya there but a prayer to each "God" for every religion out there may put you back in the green.

Things at the top of my head.

max621 said:
You need to use epoxy on the GPU's ram in order to increase the thermal cooling coefficient. Vengeances is a very demanding game when it comes to requiring high thermal cooling coefficients. Also, you need to use fine sandpaper to remove the buildup of dust on your motherboard. Take out the GPU and do the epoxy treatment and let it sit till it cures and drys. In the meantime, carefully use the fine sandpaper (dry not wet, duh) to clean up the motherboard. The problem is clearly not related to your PSU or RAM since you replaced them. Please post back on how your problem turns out.
ass. =)

Don't OC whatsoever, I have a setup very simmilar to that and T:V tends to do random reboots etc when I OC (other games run stable as pie though).

Next thing is the chipset drivers and flashing the bios up. Make sure you have the latest drivers and bios updates. That should make a big difference IMO.

@Max621 err no lol
@mapmaker ive checked the ram and replaced with to new sticks..checked thoses sticks under a full load of benches..even moved them to another pc and checked them.
Ive replaced the psu as well from a 400watt to 550watt, because i was getting ready to get a better vid card..On the new and old psu ive stipped it down to just what is needed to run, hd cdrom ..
ive ran ut2/3 and 4 for hours using either bench marks or on the net with the most demanding settings i could put on vid card and cpu..ran smooth, even tho the vid card is dated.
I am thinking number 4 myself now..

@arcanox
Ya nothing is oc'ed on the pc..Ive even down clocked the cpu and relaxed the ram timmings.

This ones got me stumped ugly. Very frustrating.
Thanks guys for the help.I saw another tread with someone having similiar issues.Maybe it will get fixed up on the next patch..(hopes)

Sounds like heat to me.
This might sound like a silly comment, but blow out your case!
I've already seen atleast 3 cases of T:V mystery crashes resolved by removing dust from the CPU's heatsink.

I can't help you, but I'll tell you this is NOT a vengeance issue. Your computer was sloppily or improperly assembled and is rebooting to save itself from overheating or else your PSU isnt providing enough power.

@shadow

so after doing all this its still doing it?

I am thinking number 4 myself now..

Not just yet, you got the devil on yer side.

What windows ver ya on? What direct x ver you running. Also what vid card drivers. I have the g4ti4200 128 MB card. Havent had any problems. Also sometimes if your mobo has onboard sound and its not disabled while using a pci sound card may cause probs. There is a jumper on your mobo that will disable it the on board one. (if you have it of course).

You didnt by any chance update to the new windows media player thing have ya? My friend has been having stability issues since then.

See ive clean out the case its clean enuff to eat out of ..I checked the heat and it never gets over 38%c on a full load..New antec 550watt psu , only whats needed to run hooked to it.

I guess i am gonna rip this cp apart and rebuild it..Maybe ive over looked something.

On XP Pro SP1, drivers for the GF4 ti 4400 are the 61.77 dets..Ya the onboard sound i use, dont have a pci sound card..ive even disabled soundstorm(built in sound) to see if that would make a difference.

And yes updated to windows media player 10 not to long ago..i'll try that next, i'll revert it and see what happens.

Right Click on My Computer
Click Properties
Select the Advanced tab
Click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery
Remove the check from the Automatically Restart checkbox

then you should get some sort of message on what the error is. Google it for a start.

yeah, perhaps try disable onboard sound anyway on yer mobo. See how that does. There have been problems in the past (none from this game that ive heard) that were due to on board sound and bad drivers. You typicaly dont want onboard anything anyways cause it take more of your precious cpu cycles. Also may conflict with pci bus routes.

You said that you only have whats necessary to run the game? right? Continue to do that so you can rule out all pci slots. May be a bad agp slot. Also i imagine you have your cd player hooked up so you can test tribes too (unless you use a cracked version of it). If you have your cd setup make try set up the cd on IDE channel 2. and leave your hard disk to primary master.

Back