Help

Journ3y

Veteran X
I know most of you have no clue who I am but I have been slumming the boards ever since i "left" the community but also know this is sometimes the best place to get information of any kind so here is my situation and I hope someone can help. my father passed away on march 7, 2003 of cancer. he was 50 and the only person i had really. me and my sister have had to live our lives without him fr a while now and its been hard. that coupled with a breakup with a girl i thought i was going to marry leaves me very depressed lately. anyways, there was only one asset (we had not much) and that was a house that has a 45k mortgage on it. after probate and the sale of the house i will probably see about 3k in legal revenue for being the administrator of the estate. There was also no will. Anyways i have no car, no money and no family to turn to and need to know if anyone knows about government grants or anything i can possibly get to get on with my life atleast for a bit. i have shit credit and no car so no job. the heat in my house as well as the electricity will be gone in two weeks so unless something comes up i am very very very fucked. :( i know this sounds odd but please anyone who might have an idea pelase reply and bump this thread as sometimes i cant get to this board as often as I would like. he was a veteran but the va has done all they can do and i havent worked enough to collect social security. I appreciate any help and hope this reaches someone who can do so. Thanks

Johnathan

sounds bad but now im 23, shes 21. she and i have both put off our lives cause my father has been ill for so long. no ivy league school for my i had to goto an inexpensive one near him to see him. i dont mind it i can make that sacrifice but now im trying to pick up where most 20 year olds start. and as for getting a job/appt. i have to go back for one semester next fall and cant live the summer near here, it hurts too bad its hard enough living at home and thinking about my dad every day.

I would look for "social services" in you local area.
Food Stamps.
Legal Aid.
State Disability fund.
etcetera...
Hope things work out.

I have to go for now but please please bump this for me i know threads get lost a lot and i dont know about sticky or whatever but this is almost my last resort as sad as it sounds

Back