[Help] Update Problem: Lost CD Key

BugsPray

Veteran XV
This is a legitimate request:

I lost my little CD cover that had the key on it. I can play the version I got @ TW:W, but I wont be able to play in the 04 patch servers. If I could get a dev to respond to this with help, or catch me in IRC, that would be great. If there is nothing that can be done...then grr. :(

You can find me on irc.dynamix.com in #teamwarfare, #tdc, #gods. Thanks.

This affected me as well. paper was taken/lost @ TWW and i hadnt thought of having to Uninstall/reinstall to make the patch work (figured it would be upgradeable)

So basically I need a way if nothing else to convert the Hex Regkey from my Registry back to its original #s or a new CD key.

Hurm, Although I feel the pain, and understand your problem, I think this is one of those sitches that the devs should say, " You shoulda been more CAREFUL ". If you lost your cd-key for a legit copy you would be SOL, so in this case, maybe the same should apply ??? Not trying to flame those out there, but come on !!! Im sure you have a wallet/purse, coulda stuck the paper in there after you installed it ;)

Anyways, sorry for those that lost it ;)

posr said:
Hurm, Although I feel the pain, and understand your problem, I think this is one of those sitches that the devs should say, " You shoulda been more CAREFUL ". If you lost your cd-key for a legit copy you would be SOL, so in this case, maybe the same should apply ??? Not trying to flame those out there, but come on !!! Im sure you have a wallet/purse, coulda stuck the paper in there after you installed it ;)

Anyways, sorry for those that lost it ;)

I understand what you are saying, but they didn't tell us to save the CD key for when we update. I assumed that once it was installed, we wouldnt need to prove AGAIN that we own a legit copy of the beta.

quit being assclowns people.

They never mentioned Needing the CD Key Again to REINSTALL upon Patching -- Considering that even Shitty T2 had an Auto-Updater - AND- the fact that T:V has a button specifically just to update the software it was fairly logical to ASSUME you would not have Uninstall the game and reinstall to patch and prove multiple times that you own a legit copy, like bugs said. I shouldnt be suprised by attitudes here but sadly find i still often am.

FUCK A DUCK.... same problem... i have the encrypted version...

it's sctions of two digits... one can be a letter and one can be a number, mixed or whatever... it's long... i dont know what to do either...... :(

they actually should have said something about this...

i thought i could get it from the multiplayer options in the game but i guess not :(

Back