Help me pick out a crotch rocket.

-[ENIG]ma-

Veteran XX
I've been stuck at home the past 5 weeks recovering from ankle surgery (which was a failure and I will need to go back and have another surgery soon) and doing a lot of work from home. I landed a big contract and have money I would like to spend on a sport bike.

I am still a beginner, I have a hundred or so hours on dirt bikes and maybe 20 hours on my friend's sport bike and I would like some advice from TW as to what bike would be good to learn on and of course having fun on.

I am looking at a bike in the 600CC category, under $10k.

So far the CBR600RR and the GSX-R600 top my list, however I have been told by a few people that I should get either the SV650 or FZ6 as a beginners bike for a couple years.

Edit: just in case this helps get some responses
[semi nws]
http://www.teenplanet.org/images/slumberatc/040_camerapix005.jpg
http://www.teenplanet.org/images/slumberatc/040_camerapix002.jpg
[/semi nws]

Last edited:
Yeah, get the SV650.

Or be totally cool and get a Triumph Thruxton 900. But then again, they're not a dime-a-dozen or really that fast, so you might not like it.

Well, I'm a triumph man.

but if I got a honda, i'd get an f4i. SV650 is nice. Good to "start on".

GSX-R might be a bit much. But, thats for you to decide.

gg.

Yeah, get the SV650.

Or be totally cool and get a Triumph Thruxton 900. But then again, they're not a dime-a-dozen or really that fast, so you might not like it.

jesus. I thought I was the only person that loved the thruxton. Will be my bike in a bit.

I keep hearing these are pretty dope rides
vespa,%20hoyre.jpg

I'm sure someone with some real experience will chime in, but I've always heard it's best to buy a used first bike to get some experience instead of dropping a new bike.

Yamaha YFZ R6 .... best bike for the money ... and i know you nig ... if you get a beginner bike you will want to trade it in in 2 months.

I'm sure someone with some real experience will chime in, but I've always heard it's best to buy a used first bike to get some experience instead of dropping a new bike.

correct.

plus new bikes have a standard break-in'. By the time you get through it, you'll already want to trade it in. (see Honda 250r)

CBR600 ftw. Brand new is about 7500 plus they just remodeled, re-tooled this year. Gave the bike more balls.

yea dude
please get an f4i if not a sv650 or fz6. both are great learner bikes and can hold value. so you can learn on that for 9 months and sell it for almost the same price you bought it for. those two bikes are much more forgiving than the cbr or gixxer. you will probably never even be able to ride ANY of those bikes to the most of their ability anyways. ideally you should get a 250, you'll hate it at this very moment, but later down the road when you do upgrade, you'll be light years ahead of most of your friends.

you don't need teh biggest baddest 600cc bike to start with. please be sure to buy proper gear and get good insurance.

p.s. how old are you?

CBR600 ftw. Brand new is about 7500 plus they just remodeled, re-tooled this year. Gave the bike more balls.

yeup, yo'ure a fucking tool who either doesn't ride or thinks its smart to wear flipflops and t-shirt when you do ride. its real smart to go spend 10K on a brand new bike and drop it within 6 months and have it be worthless. or you can purchase the new bike and have more money spent on bling mods than miles on the odo. all the while chillin at the local starbucks.

Last edited:
Back