Help me find a crank for this cool workstation desk (adjustable surfaces - whee!)

Pen

Veteran XV
So I am a freak about computer desks and ergonomics. I like looking at computer desks at any place that sells them - most of them suck and are made to look cool but not be overly useful for anyone but the lightest of users.

Of all the different styles, I think the best kind of desk is a bi-level desk with adjustable surfaces. Usually you can crank the keyboard/mouse section to just the right height and also raise the back platform to the right height - excellent ergonomics and highly tweakable for people who are a little too into it.

Problem is - most of these cost upwards of $1000.

This past weekend I found one in very nice condition for almost nothing. It's the perfect size to replace what I am using currently and I got it home with one caveat:

It is missing the CRANK! I knew that when I bought it, but I have not been able to figure out who makes this thing. Tried to find desks like it on the web (lots of similar models, but not this one)

Here are the pics: I need to find some kind of hexagonal crank to let me adjust this thing. It is built like a tank - steel and super thick - whatever that stuff is. Probably weighs 80+ lbs. There are channels underneath where there is a drive shaft so that when you turn the crank, the gear works on both sides move in sync.

Anyone got any ideas?

desk1ia1.jpg

desk2wj0.jpg

desk3zt4.jpg

22768802.jpg

There are many sizes, I have no idea how small your bolt is though.

Maybe something like this:
VMSocketCrank.jpg

I thought of that, not sure a socket will fit.

Just thought some of you would have used these and you know... have some extra crank lying around.

And of course the TW crank jokes did not disappoint...

So a 5/16 socket fits perfectly.

The one I have is screwdriver style with no leverage - need to get a long bar one tonight.

Back