Hello

The monitor is fine. (i still use it at home) But yes after hearing that sandpaper method, i had done more research to find out if it worked. i picked up a 4000grit one at a local car shop only to find out that i did it wrong, and didn't have enough materials or knowledge to do it right.

At least i became infamous for it. Although it seems that im infamous for being such an idiot. Oh well. =)

That doesnt require any fucking research it requires a downs patient or better to understand that that would never work.

Daedalus6 said:
That doesnt require any fucking research it requires a downs patient or better to understand that that would never work.

You are so right.

D-Sect said:
dude - I said it before and I'll say it again..

You can SAND/GRIND GLASS!

HTF do you think they make lenses and they are clear when they get done w/ no scratches..

It's just like any other polishing/grinding.. big grits to small grits - small grit - 2000-4000 wet then use something like cerium oxide for final..

Now - that doesn't mean you:

1. Do it if you don't know what the fuck you're doing.
2. Grab a sheet of any sandpaper around the house and do it.

..anyways - you can sand or grind glass, but you just can't be stupid and do it..

Now what i don't understand are people that keeps saying that it doesn't work. I understand if you call me an idiot for trying it, and not doing it right. But i mean seriously, do some reading before you post things like that... I guess im not the only idiot.

http://www.deltakits.com/dki-catalog/co1.html

co1.jpg

rofl - I said "Cerium Oxide" in the quote above..

(aka - the stuff they sell in "windshield restoration kits" to remove hazing and wiper scratches)

D-Sect said:
rofl - I said "Cerium Oxide" in the quote above..

(aka - the stuff they sell in "windshield restoration kits" to remove hazing and wiper scratches)

I meant the earlier post of what you said. No clue what Cerium Oxide is, and didn't click your link.

Back