[Hawaii] Vacation questions for those that live there.

Whiplash

Veteran XX
My sister calls me saying that My mom wants to go to Hawaii from the end of december to january 4th or so. She wants to attend a Luau and the basic tourist stuff like that. They have no idea what island they want to stay on or anything about Hawaii in general, neither do I but they come to me for everything it seems.
The only definite thing that has to be done on this trip is to visit the Honolulu Police Dept. to get a copy of a 1944 arrest record of my grandfather. We hope the details will provide proof that he had a wife and child while stationed there... long story.

They have no idea what will be going on in Hawaii during their trip or how to find out. I know some people that post here live in Hawaii and might be willing to give some ideas on what they should not miss out on.
My mom would probably enjoy the WWII memorials for a short time. My sis her boyfriend and her son probably won't enjoy anything.

Island hopping most likely will not be an option unless it is extremely cheap.

it's customary to kill a homeless person while you are there.

traditionally, you'd go freestyle for that, but they do offer guided "packages" for a reasonable rate.

If they want to go to the Honolulu Police Department and visit WWII memorials then they will be staying on the island of Oahu. Hotel would most likely be one in Waikiki.

As for a luau, Polynesian Cultural Center is good for the entire Pacific Islander experience but it's like an hour bus ride to get out there. Another closer luau favorite is Paradise Cove if you dont want to sit on a bus that long.

Will they have the homeless pinned up or would it be an actual stalk and hunt?

That Cultural center looks like just the thing they'd be into. nice way to kill a day and take in most of what they would be expecting to see.
Razor: Is that what you would recommend? i mean if you had family visiting that had never been there what would you make sure they got to see while there? They really enjoy going to Myrtle Beach, the whole shopping tourist trap thing seems to be ok with them.

Last edited:
Back