[halp] Best sites to buy a new computer

retribution

Veteran X
Looking for websites that will pre-build PCs - like alienware or ibuypower - but without the ridiculous prices and whatnot. Reputable places that have warranties would be nice.

Making a new low end quad core rig for gaming and whatnot.. Probably water-cooled, already have a monitor and peripherals and things. This is actually for a friend, else I'd build it myself. <3

Low end quad core rig doesn't need water cooling.

and while this is for a friend, why can't you build it anyway..?

Friend wants to be able to ship it somewhere if stuff breaks rather than having to buy more parts and fix it himself. I think he's planning on overclocking one of the cheaper quad-core chips, no other reason he'd want water-cooling.

edit: How necessary is water-cooling for quad-core overclocking? How much more can you push a processor with that vs a few fans?

Last edited:
If he knows how to build one, it would be rediculous for him to have a company build it for him just for that reason. It's not like it's hard to replace if something breaks (and, in my experiences.. that rarely happens anyway).

Water cooled + pre built = fucking retarded.

If you want to water cool, you'd better be computer savvy enough to know how to change the water, troubleshoot your cooling loop, and make the proper mixture to prevent mildew growth. Then, on top of that you need to be smart enough to know how to overclock your computer without killing it.

Back