half life 2

Bibble

Veteran X
so i know im a straggler when it comes to getting around to this. but i just beat HL2, episode 1 and 2 via orange box. (portal was way better than i expected, it blew me away with how fun it was)

anyway, HL2... I loved it. i've read all the backstory and mythology and im really into it. i can't wait until HL3 or episode 3 or whatever comes out. but in the meantime im afraid i have nothing to fill the void that not being able to play new Half life things has left in me.

does anyone have any suggestions of games that are similar. not necessarily sci-fi or anything, but im looking for a great story line, something involving, something that'll actually make me care what happens in the game. it doesnt have to he an fps really either. Im just looking for another great game to take up some of my free time.

preferrably im looking for a PC game (Old or New), but i also own a ps3 and a Wii if that makes any difference

Games with great stories and mythology: The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Unsurpassed. Dreamfall has some crappy gameplay at points, but you'll get over it.

Getting into Dreamfall was a little tough because I was more interested in the character from TLJ, but after it was done I felt a bit like I'd just been dumped. I hope the final game gets made.

I just played through Advent Rising and was surprised at how good it was for an older game. You can pick it up cheap too and the game play system was a lot of fun.

once i finish mass effect

I will play single player half life for the first time, ive owned it since the day it came out.

Then I shall rent orange box and play hl2!

I'm assuming you've already payed and beaten Deus Ex multiple times?

If not, get to it.

Edit: If you're looking for something newer, DX2 has a decent storyline but the gameplay is far shallower and the controls are... loose. That game makes me think I have the wrong hand on the mouse sometimes.

Legacy of Kain series and Blood Omen series had great story lines and they tie into each other.
:signed:

I've never played HL2. I have it on my Steam account along with EP1 from one of those Orange Box gifting things but really only wanted it for the SDK to try out Zombie Master.

Back