Hacked DX10 appears

It's bullshit.

These guys are shady as hell, and have switched from porting certain games to Linux, to stealing WINE code and then blocking their IRC/website once everyone found out, to now porting DX10. None of their demos / examples work, including the DX10 stuff and the previous game porting, and they give bullshit excuses when bug reports are filed. You have to pay them $50 for the 'right' to test this shit out, and it's definitely not worth it.

Note the Slashdot article's comments: http://games.slashdot.org/games/07/04/23/1348239.shtml

It doesn't really matter, anyways. Microsoft, as far as I know, is still planning on releasing DirectX 9.L for XP - which allows for DX10-only games to run on XP.

It doesn't really matter, anyways. Microsoft, as far as I know, is still planning on releasing DirectX 9.L for XP - which allows for DX10-only games to run on XP.
yep...these guys are just looking for some efame on something that is totally pointless.

All of the sites I can find are stating that 9.0L is just Vista's compatibility layer, which runs all apps from DX9.0c and back. It's separate API because of DX10's incompatibility with the old versions. Everyone seems to have pulled the original news from The Inquirer (great source...), and they've issued a correction.

Back