[guns] theboxotruth.com - Ammo Penetration Testing

i actually learned something.

"how difficult it is to shoot a lock off?"

1. "How hard is it to shoot off a lock?" Answer: Very hard.
2. Pistols won't shoot a lock off or even penetrate the lock.

3. Pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles. Enough said.

4. I now understand why our troops are often seen carrying "breeching shotguns" on their backs and a rifle in their hands. Shotguns will blow a lock off. Rifles will blow holes through a lock, but will not reliably shoot one off.

5. The rifles went through the locks with ease. It is obvious that you could "knaw" off the lock, little by little with a rifle, but a shotgun does it with one shot.

The Box O' Truth #5 - The Locks O' Truth - Page 1

Great site, I hadn't seen it before. Some Ammo is getting hard to come by, but not needed the rock salt just yet though.

Box of Truth has always been a great "not scientific but close enough" place to get info on ballistics and penetration. Dispels a lot of myths out there, especially about shotguns.

edit: Funny we have a new member "RUGER." I just bought a GP100 today. :sunny:

Box of Truth has always been a great "not scientific but close enough" place to get info on ballistics and penetration. Dispels a lot of myths out there, especially about shotguns.

edit: Funny we have a new member "RUGER." I just bought a GP100 today. :sunny:

Hey hows the trigger on that fucker? There are reviews indicating 19# in DA. What's it in SA mode?

These guys have been around awhile. Usually a good read for the idiots that insist birdshot is a good home defense round.

Hey hows the trigger on that fucker? There are reviews indicating 19# in DA. What's it in SA mode?

Trigger is heavy all around. DA is heavy, but it's a revolver so what are you expecting? :p The SA pull is a tad on the heavy side, but it's a clean break every time with zero creep or takeup. It doesn't have a S&W or Colt trigger that's for sure. However, it's stout as fuck, absorbs recoil of .357mag really well and is terribly accurate. I love it. I scored my 6" blue model for $365 on gunbroker.

My brother has the 4.25"(?) GP100 it's an awesome gun. Yeah the DA trigger is pretty heavy but its nice and smooth so its not that bad really.

SA is amazing, as far as Im concerned. Light and crisp, and very short.

Back