[Guitar] Improvisation Video

Felonius

Veteran XV
Edit: You guys are right actually. I recorded this on a whim, and now that I've listened back over it, it's not really much of anything. I'll post something more developed at a future time.

Last edited:
it is good

86d6928c31af906b557bb4d547af0fd9.gif

screw in yer tremolo bar brooooo

Haha, it tends to sit in my case. I hate having to retune constantly. Even with the single-locking system on the Ernie Ball JPMM, it tends to throw things slightly out of tune. But that's probably because I don't change my strings often enough. Theme being that I'm lazy.

Very nice man.

You ever record your electric version of Caprice No 16? That acoustic version is nuts.

Thanks! :) I've gotten so rusty with that piece... A few years back I worked out an electric arrangement in a different key in order to play it closer to the pitch of the version for violin, but I haven't gotten around to practicing it yet.

i havent changed the strings on my carvin since 2006 because its also floating bridge and im that lazy

i dont know much about music, but found it to be pretty rough

the little one or two note plink in between scales/tunes/whatever made it seem really broken-apart and awkward. it'd be good to have some repetitive thing to link it all together, but that little thing just seemed to break any flow really badly.

but again i dont know much about music and this could just be on a higher level than i can understand

I agree, it would be a lot better to have a backing track of some kind, or to be playing on top of some chords. That vamp note does get very repetitive.

I'm not music artist so I don't know the terms but that beat key is way to constant and disorganized.

I bet if you just played without that stupid beat filler this would sound better.

2/10

You get two points because you own what seems to be a JP Music Man 7 string.
Your improvisation didn't really show off any of your skills. While not a necessity, it would have made it less boring. That being said: there was no 'feeling', be it fast, slow, aggressive, sad, etc. No actual melody, or any sort of anything concerning musical structure.

Very repetitive and uninspired. Get out of the box, ffs. Hardly what I call an improvisation. That was just farting around. A backing track would have helped, but isn't really necessary.

2/10

You get two points because you own what seems to be a JP Music Man 7 string.
Your improvisation didn't really show off any of your skills. While not a necessity, it would have made it less boring. That being said: there was no 'feeling', be it fast, slow, aggressive, sad, etc. No actual melody, or any sort of anything concerning musical structure.

Very repetitive and uninspired. Get out of the box, ffs. Hardly what I call an improvisation. That was just farting around. A backing track would have helped, but isn't really necessary.
kind of hits the nail on the head

you clearly have technical ability but some kind of central melody is necessary for it to flow. a simple drum beat would help develop that a lot IMO

I wouldn't worry too much about rusty and ascotia, since it seems like you're going for a lead guitar role, not rhythm guitar. Of course the timing and beat in what you did lacks a lot, but rhythm guitars aren't expected to do all that lead work that you did in the high range. Since you weren't aiming to write a song with this and pretty much just played a lead part without a band behind you, I'd give you full marks, since we don't know how it'd interact with the band you are playing to in your head.

And I never look at technicality or complexity, unlike most people who seem to think this is all some sort of competition. It has never made a difference on the bottom line.

look up all Metalica's demos, they all sound better than studio recordings, and they sound like they were recorded by an 8 track in a garage.

I been playing with a group for a while and posted an mp3 and someone with your lead would totally fill the gap. Good ear is all you really need, was laid back and nothing crazy

Last edited:
Back