GTA:VC Driver mission

Chrom

Veteran XX
how to fuck to you beat this guy?

His car is indesctructable. I have waited for him at the finish line and rocketted him and he just blasts through.

I've tried doing drivebys next to him and no go. I've tried bumping him off course and still no go.

Really
starting
to
SHIT
ME!

Yep, it's vice city. Mission is called The Driver.

You need to beat some crybaby in a road race and the cops chase you etc.
Mission starts from the Malibu Club.

You can't hurt his car. You can't hurt any cars in any of the driving missions and races.... unless you have a tank.

That's the hardest mission in the game. Took me forever. You just have to beat him.

If you decide to cheat, though, which can save you a lot of time:
Spoiler

The Driver mission is one of the hardest, if not the hardest mission to complete in VC. You can beat Hilary in his Sabre Turbo fairly enough if you are patient and keep re-trying the race until you get a "perfect" run. Although his car can't take any damage, you can nudge him if you get along side and force him into another car, or side of the road which will slow him down loads.

Another way to beat him is to park a faster car on the corner of the first bend in the race. Jump out of your sentinel and into a new car, something really quick like the hotring racer which would be the best choice.

The only other way you can beat Hilary is to jump out at an opportune moment, when you have a slight lead on him, jump out and shoot one of his tyres out. I have done this a couple of times and it isn't easy, but it is possible nonetheless :) With his tyres shot out, Hilary becomes very slow and easy to beat.

Hope that helps.

You guys suck at driving in GTA :)

Granted, it was a hard mission, but I beat him by at least 2 blocks the 2-3rd time around.

oh THAT mission.

yeah, what i did was get a 2-3 star wanted level before i started, and that way i had legit cops on my tail besides the scripted cops that will only fuck you up. if you get ahead of him, the cops chasing you will generally interfere with his driving

And a special thanks goes to Mr_Unlucky for providing absolutely no input at all to this thread.

Bragging has earned you BIG E-POINTS!

Dickhead.

How to beat this mission the "right" way:

The Sentinel has a higher top speed than the Sabre Turbo, but less acceleration, so the most important thing is not to fuck up, especially when you don't have any turns coming for a while and you can make up the distance. Take the turns by braking early (normal, not handbrake) so you don't waste time recovering from powerslides.. if you've played GT3 then you're used to that kind of driving.

Nudging his car *usually* doesn't work the way you want it to, because it seems like any time it bumps you it sends you flying away while he stays steady as a rock, therefore I really can't recommend trying to bump him unless you're in the position to t-bone him while he's turning and hopefully get him stuck in a corner, going down the wrong road, etc. Don't bother trying to driveby him, his car's nigh-invulnerable. You *can* try to make other cars swerve into him, especially if you're ahead and he's looking for a way around you.

Watch out for the two cop cars at the intersection southwest(?) of the Washington Mall.. they don't always appear, but it sucks when they do. You can avoid the trap either by braking (hey, you gotta make a hard right anyway) and/or going off the right side of the road, through the bushes. Near the end, you can cut corners that Hilary won't and save yourself a little time and trouble.. one is right before the bridge, and the other is right after it (cut through the bushes where the police bribe is).

If you fail, and immediately try again, you'll still have cops on your ass. This can be a good thing; when the race starts they often either slam into your rear end (speed boost!) or his (sometimes it screws him up). Also, if you're lucky (and in the lead), an oncoming cop that misses you may nail him.

Probably the easiest way to beat it is keep a much better vehicle somewhere close by and make a quick switch.

Depends on how good your driving is and ability to avoid things.

I beat this mission on one of the motocycles, one of the 'ninja' bikes or whatever. If you get hit you're screwed, but if you can avoid things you can blow through it in no time.

I spin him, right before the first fork, usually keeps him off my ass for the rest of the race. Its really not that hard.

Back