[GTA] Rockstar Games getting owned [Hot Coffee]

Skyline

Veteran X
Christ, this escalated pretty quickly

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050720-5121.html
The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ERSB) has revoked Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' M for Mature rating, which means that Rockstar Games will have to advise retailers to cease sales of the game until the situation can be corrected.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20050720006022&newsLang=en

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 20, 2005--Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY): In compliance with our policy not to carry adult-only (AO) games, Best Buy is immediately taking steps to remove all copies of the now AO-rated game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" from all of our North American stores. Earlier today, the ESRB adjusted the game's rating from Mature (M) to AO. We also have stopped selling the game on bestbuy.com, bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca. This decision applies to both the game console and PC formats.

yeah they got slapped pretty hard with that one, but it's not like they haven't already cashed in big time

if there's demand it WILL be sold online

Yup

Today at Circuit City our videogame guy walked by with a STACK of San Andreas games.

we all got an email saying they are to be pulled and deactivated from the system :[

someone better pull off all the Tomb Raider games because little jimmy can download a nude skin off the internet and Laura bounces around with nothing on, oops Quake 3 too, hmm I think there's a "hack" to let you have Sims run around nude also! Shit, let's just burn all these nasty video games in Best Buys parking lot!

This will only make the game more popular

Like celebrity scandels in Holly wood ** Couch**Jolie Brad***Cough***

i read an interesting thread on gamespot from the greatest game of all time link about this (with intelligent posts too, wierd huh?). this really is ridiculous. you have innuendo all over and then even include the ability to blast off a cop's head with a shotgun, yet this sex joke (no more perverted than the rest of the game) that was probably only kept in because it would mess with the programming to cut it out is causing such an uproar?

beyond the hypocrisy and backhanded censorship based on morality, hacking it is illegal anyway, so rockstar is not responsible. that's like saying if someone used hl2 to make an unauthorized sex mod, valve would be responsible and would have to stop selling the game.

i am outraged by the entire thing and the total hypocrisy of the american government and popular conscience. a good illustration is that one swedish game (i think it was chronicles of riddick) that had enemies that were entirely naked and the guys' "male organs" were showing. the us stopped sale of the game except as adults only until the company went back and changed the game to just have there be a bloody mess there like it had been ripped off. it was ok for the character to be de-membered visciously (possibly the most grotesque thing i can imagine), but heaven forbid people see a dick. just like here, everyone knows what sex is and has most likely seen, if not participated in it, but if it gets into a developing medium (and it's acceptable in similar ones like movies) it's time to censor it.

anyone who does not agree with this should be removed from power (because you know it's only elected officials saying this shit anyway.)

Last edited:
I think think of ten games that you can get nude patches for.

I mean for crying out loud, the Nalu demo for Nvidia(the one of the mermaid) has a fucking nude patch for it.

RunningWolf said:
I think think of ten games that you can get nude patches for.

I mean for crying out loud, the Nalu demo for Nvidia(the one of the mermaid) has a fucking nude patch for it.

sweet :lol:

Geforce 5900 FX: Rated Ao

Back