Grr... Storyline BS

Tanked

Veteran XV
All my storyline agents do is send me on combat missions... Which is freakin suicideal. The last one i did put my right in the middle of 8 decidedly unfriendly ships.

How in the hell do i do a storyline mission that is NOT combat?

if they're lvl 1 missions you should be able to do them pretty easily if you're not in the newb ship.

sounds like you need help with your setup or something.

I bet he's in a newb ship.

Give us some info in tribalwar channel and will tell ya what todo. You need to get out of that newb ship, and into a solid t1 frigate or destoyer.

Also, we need to make sure your attributes are ok and you ahve some nice starting skills...else you'll end up like me a year later and 1 month behind because I had 14 charisma.

EDIT: I tried to start a convo with you, you've yet to accept. :,(

Well there is some missions that are ridiculous since the patch. L2's that are really L4 that Domi + Raven had problems with. :X

I bet he's in a newb ship.

Give us some info in tribalwar channel and will tell ya what todo. You need to get out of that newb ship, and into a solid t1 frigate or destoyer.

Also, we need to make sure your attributes are ok and you ahve some nice starting skills...else you'll end up like me a year later and 1 month behind because I had 14 charisma.

EDIT: I tried to start a convo with you, you've yet to accept. :,(

I saw that, i actually had it running minimized at work and was AFK for an extended period.

I was in a basic gallente Atron frigate... I thought i could bust straight through to the deadspace warpgate. And it didn't work out. My big problem is that both weapons were 500m optimum range. I needed some better ones.

As far as my character goes, i (generally) followed the newb guide sticky to create my character. I can't remember all the skills i have offhand but they include frigate, starship command 1, and a couple other good ones.

Right now i'm just working on getting "learning" to the maximum level. I imagine that aggregate 10% speed increase results in a large benefit.

Last edited:
Dont worry about learning atm. It's far more important to get the crucial skills at first. Stuff like skills to get you an AB, a better frigate, armor and gunnery. Learning can come in week two.

Atron is good, but as you said, with blasters, it has a tiny optimal. Stick with rails and a good medium range ammo, like Lead. You'll also need someting to regenerate your amrmor HP (you'd be surprised how many new players forget an armor repper)

Get rails and a repper and I'd be surprised if a lvl1 gave you ANY trouble.

I highly reccomend you get a destroyer as your next step. The upgrade in firepower is pretty cool, and you'll feel awesome clicking F1-F8.

Also, getting an afterburner for travel is ESSENTIAL. If you havent trained one now, get it now. Doubles your speed and cuts travel time accordingly.

Agreed with hani. Don't do learning until you have enough skills to fly frigates well and cruisers ok at the very least. I'm about 80% of the way through the advanced learning grind and holy shit do I want to die.

If you can stomach it push the learning skills as hard as you can though. I was lucky enough to make a combat alt that sat and collected dust for about 2.5 months while he got his learning crap out of the way. Combine that with some +3 implants and he's been screaming through most of his combat training. About 15 months into it and he has 20.5m skill points.

I would get your learning skills to 4, then come back and do adv learning around the 1.5-2.5m sp mark. By that time you should be in something you can rat/mine in comfortablly so you can get alot of cash grinding in while you cry through adv learning.

Dont worry about learning atm. It's far more important to get the crucial skills at first. Stuff like skills to get you an AB, a better frigate, armor and gunnery. Learning can come in week two.

Atron is good, but as you said, with blasters, it has a tiny optimal. Stick with rails and a good medium range ammo, like Lead. You'll also need someting to regenerate your amrmor HP (you'd be surprised how many new players forget an armor repper)

Allright, a better frigate? I really like the speed of the Atron but i guess with an Afterburner the slower ones will work fine.

Like say, the tristan? I managed to start out with Gallente Frigate at lvl 4.

Or should i bite the bullet and get a different race's frigate skill?

Sounds like i need to leave off learning for a couple days and skill up on Armor and or shield skills. I have 1d18hrs left to get learning at level 4.

Last edited:
EveMon at battle clinic is the current version. It's actively being worked on right now and has had some visible tweaking recently. Awsome program. Highly recommended.

What i have done:
Drones -lvl 1
Scout Dron operation -lvl 1
Electronics -lvl 1
Engineering -lvl 1
Gunnery -lvl 2
MNotion Prediction -lvl 1
Rapid Firing -lvl 1
Sharpshooter -lvl 1
Small Engergy Turret -lvl 1
Small Hybrid Turret -lvl 2
Weapon Upgrades -lvl 1
Mining -lvl 1
Leadership -lvl 2

Analytical Mind -lvl 2
Instant Recall -lvl 2
Iron Will -lvl 2
Learning -lvl 3

Hull upgrades -lvl 1
Mechanic -lvl 1
Repair system -lvl 1

Afterburner -lvl 1
Navigation -lvl 1

Social -lvl 1

Gallente Frigate -lvl 4
Spaceship Command -lvl 2

Trade -lvl 1

Skill Plan for Tanked X

1: Instant Recall III (8 hours, 37 minutes, 41 seconds)
2: Analytical Mind III (6 hours, 40 minutes, 30 seconds)
3: Learning IV (17 hours, 25 minutes, 16 seconds)
4: Learning V (10 days, 54 minutes, 23 seconds)

Total time: 11 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes, 52 seconds

What ya'll think?

Don't train learning to V, it's worthless.

Analytical Mind -lvl 2
Instant Recall -lvl 2
Iron Will -lvl 2
Learning -lvl 3

Get those to IV

Train Drones to 3 or 4, 5 by the time you are comfortable in cruisers, train drone navigation/durability/scout drone operation/combat drone operation to III or IV. Elec/Eng to IV, Gunnery to IV

Hull upgrades -lvl 1
Mechanic -lvl 1
Repair system -lvl 1
to 3 or 4, whatever is less than 2 days or so to train. As gallente you typically rely on your drone and armor tanking skills. Before you hop into a cruiser, you'll want hull upgrades to IV so you can fit hardeners.

Get your gunnery skills up to III as you feel comfortable. I would also do this before you get in a cruiser. You may want to add a destroyer if you feel you can afford it (typically run 1 million for a catalyst).

Some other skills that might help are:
Surgical Strike, High Speed Maneuvering (for MWD, not really that useful for missions), Afterburner to III (4 for High speed maneuvering), Fuel Conservation, Acceleration Control.

For grinding missions, train Social to 3 and Connections to 3 to get a huge boost in the rate at which you gain faction. I would wait until you're ready to jump in a cruiser, but it can bump you from L1's into L2's really easily.

Signature Analysis, Targeting, long range targetting will allow you to target faster and at longer range as well as have more targets. Energy systems operation, energy management, energy grid upgrades, and electronics upgrades might be needed for various fitting related modules.

Also, you may need to add some basic missile skills so you can use rockets or standard launchers with a tristans split hard points.

Last edited:
Well there is some missions that are ridiculous since the patch. L2's that are really L4 that Domi + Raven had problems with. :X

Mordus Goons L3 is absurd currently, at least when using drones. The entire last room starts spamming heavy missiles at you if you a) get too close, or b) launch and use any kind of drone (including sentries). My Domi with a 85% resist tank and dual LAR IIs can't soak all of those missiles.

Back