Green Lines?

Arsic

Veteran XV
Okay, whenever I'm playing a full screen game like Tribes (or any other game for that matter), after a while it I get all of these green lines going horizontal across my screen. It's not frozen because I can still move around. Drivers are updated, DirectX and just about anything. Software is in correctly and don't think there's anything wrong with it. Sometimes it'll get really bad, so I'll need to restart. Here's a screenshot.

sshot0000.bmp

P4
1.7 GHz
512 RAM
Raedon 9200

Any help?

Last edited:
My Tribes has been doing that ever since I got my Radeon 9600XT. Except that it was a lot worse for me (think the whole screen turning all green like that), and restarting only partially fixed it (to about the stage in that pic). I had to completely turn off my comp to get rid of the lines.

Going to software mode fixed it, but that looks rather :ugh:

heat is my first guess. try opening your case and directing a fan in there while you play. if that doesn't help, try running drivercleaner to remove your video drivers completely (READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY FIRST, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN SAFE MODE WHEN YOU RUN IT) then reinstall your drivers. try again.

Yeesh, I've been uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers all week. I hardly doubt that's the problem. I could use a second fan maybe.

Heath might be the problem... but how can I check the internal heat? I remember seeing an option that shows the percentage. Last time I saw it was at 57%. I take it that's a bad thing.

Okay, here's the errors I still get when I viewed the event logs.

Hanging application Tribes.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module Tribes.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00201027.

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2600.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2600.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

There are no more green lines because I got another fan, it just shuts Tribes down and crashes to desktop.

Any way I can fix it?

did you do what i said in my previous post and use drivercleaner? and open up your case?

Back