Great Tribal War - Tribes 2 Pickup Tonight!

BugsPray

Veteran XV
Yep. Tonight we're organizing a GTW T2 pickup for those of you who want to see what you're in for with GTW. Here's the details:

Time: We want everyone to aim to get there at 9:30et with an official start time around 10:00et.

Server: Mofo's Great Tribal War (filter for ruleset 'gtw').

Files: You will need the GTW client files. They can be found HERE (2nd mirror coming up soon). Extract into your /Tribes2/Gamedata/ folder, then in that folder, move the gtw.vl2 into your /Tribes2/Gamedata/Base/ folder. If you need any help with this, please contact me in IRC.

TeamSpeak: It is strongly suggested that everyone have TeamSpeak 2 installed. Even if you don't have a mic, there are lots of commands, warnings, and requests going out all the time in GTW. You and your team will be at a disadvantage if there is little communication. The server we will be using is teamspeak.themofoclan.com; password 'bigboom'. Join the GTW main channel.

If you need to install T2, come see me and I'll get you set up. Also, if you are having problems with the TS2 server, please come see me. You can find me in #gtwar on irc.dynamix.com.

We'd like to thank MoFo (specifically sonic, j_thunders, and Wolverine) for hosting the server and letting us use their TeamSpeak. We hope to have some fun tonight.

-BugsPray

Last edited:
This will be a great way for everyone to learn what the old GTW was like. The new TV gtw wont be exactly like this but will be very close.

GTW files are down for a few minutes. Please check back in 10-20 minutes.

*Edit They are back up now*

Last edited:
Unzip the file to the "C:\Games\Tribes2\GameData" dir. Correct for the location of tribes.

Yeah I know its up there, but alot of you miss it.

Last edited:
I bailed b-4 you started as the game was going to take forever. I see the interest in the huge map (not possible in T:V or is it?), and the gameplay was interesting (switch et al). But what was the deal with the gravity? The floating sensation, while reminding me of my college days, was very odd. I know someone asked everyone to 'record' for a video to be produced...I would very much like to see that and I hope to play the next game. Hope you all had fun :)

Wow. Those were the best numbers I have EVER seen for GTW. We had a 12v12 at one point. Even during its glory days I only saw a max of 10v10. It was so much fun! I had a blast and I hope to see you all next week when we give everyone a bit of warning. :)

Back