Great Tribal War MOD - Postponed Indefinately

BugsPray

Veteran XV
The GTW team and I are sad to announce that we are discontinuing the developement of GTW for Tribes: Vengeance. Our resources will still be available for download for the time being. Right now the GTW team is deciding whether or not to continue the moding some other game or to drop it altogether. We'd appriciate it if you would voice your opinion on our website: http://forums.the-junkyard.net/showthread.php?t=7123 in the forums. GG's.

-BugsPray and the GTW Dev Team

Very sorry to hear the postponement. We all hope you guys finish your works and we get to enjoy it regardless of which game it shows up in. :)

Good luck guys.

*cries*

As i have said before i think we should move to legends in the scripting side so we dont have to pay for the engine.

Why? 10 active players is better than 40?

no it isnt but 10 active players are 10 active players and if the team wants to code for them then thats their decision. i sure will play it either way so make it 11 active players. if we get 40 then awesome. :)

NoFix, you goof! I thought we went over this already. Legends isn't done, and the Renwerx team are working hard to get brand new player models and textures for Legends. Work is being done, and some of you will be able to see it in one of our preview packs that will come out from a month to a month or two from now.

Legends can be tweaked to play exactly like T1/T2C if we wanted to.
We can make it look BETTER than T1/T2 and the Renwerx team has the people to do it, the shrike model can attest to that.
On top of that, I know for a fact Loop and Rodent are throwing in some awsome cheat prevention and engine tweaks to make this game competition worthy.

When it's all done, I garuntee that this game will pick up speed because it will essentially be T1/T2C with better graphics. Recently there have been 3x as many servers and 2x as many players than there were previously.

Arcanox said:
NoFix, you goof! I thought we went over this already. Legends isn't done, and the Renwerx team are working hard to get brand new player models and textures for Legends. Work is being done, and some of you will be able to see it in one of our preview packs that will come out from a month to a month or two from now.

We can make it look BETTER than T1/T2 and the Renwerx team has the people to do it, the shrike model can attest to that.
On top of that, I know for a fact Loop and Rodent are throwing in some awsome cheat prevention and engine tweaks to make this game competition worthy.

When it's all done, I garuntee that this game will pick up speed because it will essentially be T1/T2C with better graphics. Recently there have been 3x as many servers and 2x as many players than there were previously.

If what you say is true, I will drag many players from T2 to try Legends. When the graphics and gameplay exceed T2, count on at least 30 to 60 players coming to check it out at my request.

Plastic said:
Good, now we won't have another generation of shifter faggots.
Rules said:
1) Do not spam the forums.

This includes posting an excessive amount, posting worthless drivel (this will be determined on a per-admin basis.
Please stop trolling our threads with your uninformed worthless drivel.

makes me very very sad. Last decent mod for vengeance, and it had already come soooo far :(.

:shrug:

do what is best for you all, fuck the community.

FishStix said:
makes me very very sad. Last decent mod for vengeance, and it had already come soooo far :(.

:shrug:

do what is best for you all, fuck the community.
Everytime someone mentions community I have to ask.. What community?

Echelon said:
Personally, I think Legends already looks better than T2. The only thing that doesnt is the player and weapon models.

April fools was yesterday, bitch.

Arcanox said:

Talk is cheap...and Loop and Rodent, both, talked quite a bit a year / year and a half ago.

And no, Legends will never be any better than Tribes. Please, don't mock the game Legends is copying...or trying way too hard to copy.

Back