Great Tribal War MOD Moving to Renwerx Project

BugsPray

Veteran XV
The GTW team would like to announce a few things:

First, and most importantly, we have decided to move the mod to the game being developed by Renwerx.

Secondly, we have decided to change our name to Great Terra War. We intend to keep the GTW acronym and #gtwar, but we decided since the new game will not be apart of the Tribes universe, our name should be changed to accommodate that.

Thirdly, to answer any future questions, we will not be continuing the development of the Tribes: Vengeance version of the mod.

I would also like to note that it is more than likely the mod we will create for the new game will exceed the limits placed on it before. We are planning some very interesting and unique ideas that will bring GTW to a whole new level. We appriciate the fans who have stuck with us for this long, and we accept with open arms any newcomers.

Finally, as a warning, Random150 nor myself will answer any questions regarding why we did not choose Legends as our supported game. Our official statement for this is as follows: The GTW team did not recieve the access we felt that we needed from Legends. We will be getting the access we want from the Renwerx team. There is no animosity between our two parties, and I'm sure loop will say the same.

Please stop by Our Website and our IRC channel (#gtwar on irc.dynamix.com) and show your support. Please donate to our PayPal account on our website to help with the mod.

-BugsPray and the GTW Dev Team

Last edited:
Khushi said:
so wtf is GTW? does it let you read the forums from the game or something?

GTW is a new gametype. For details Check Here

Cliffs:

GTW allows players to make their own bases
Maps are huge (possible 10-100x bigger than a default tribes map)
Players spawn from a Switch which they must protect

Edit: Bugs beat me to the post lol

Last edited:
anything moving to the renwerx assimilation is going to be good. There is a ton of talent over in those forums. I hope everything moves smoothly.

NetAtNite said:
Too many mods, not enough money or talent to support them all I fear...

not to mention organization. I think it would take an exceptional effort at really scheduling out a project, and then find people who can do the work for free. I wish the teams luck though, but it won't be luck, it would be their own perserverance which would help them succeed.

I know Random is part of our team, are you signed with us though Bugspray? It's hard to keep track of all the new people coming in :)

NoFiX said:
I'd like to announce server-crashing coming to a RenWerx / SS:2845 server...sometime in the future.

Can you redo that midair disk mod thing you made during T2 beta with the floating platforms that you'd get knocked off of if you got hit?

That was fun as hell to play on ;)

NoFiX said:
I'd like to announce server-crashing coming to a RenWerx / SS:2845 server...sometime in the future.

I'd like to announce a lifetime ban for all those who are involved in such activies.

Random150 said:
Thanx

GTW is just too good of an idea to let it die, it would be such a waste.
Man I have fought this battle for like four years it seems, GTW blew my mind , others get thier rocks off from crashing servers :shrug: go figure? But I have long since given up on trying to show someone like that the way of the GreaTTerra war.

Back