Great American Hero Dies

You gotta think, by the way, he is probably responsible for single handedly killing the most people in the history of human existence.

No he wasn't. I think the remains with the people who invented the a-bomb, and ultimately the person who made the choice to use it - twice.

He just followed orders. If he refused, they would have had someone else do it.

Really, the only reason he is famous/infamous, and I'm not saying this to knock the guy, is because he was involved in such an extraordinary event.

and? That doesn't make him a hero. He was ordered to do something and he did it, that was his job.

did the word hero come out of my sentence, i said he needs to be remembered for what he did in history.....learn to read and comprehend..

No he wasn't. I think the remains with the people who invented the a-bomb, and ultimately the person who made the choice to use it - twice.

He just followed orders. If he refused, they would have had someone else do it.

Really, the only reason he is famous/infamous, and I'm not saying this to knock the guy, is because he was involved in such an extraordinary event.

If you want to be a nit picky turd then yea. If you want to consider that the guy that dropped the giant bomb is physically responsible for these deaths then that might help.

If you want to be a nit picky turd then yea. If you want to consider that the guy that dropped the giant bomb is physically responsible for these deaths then that might help.

I'm pretty sure the pilot doesn't drop the bomb.

So that would lie with the bombadier.

But really, like I said, ultimately if that whole team refused to do the mission, they would have just found someone else to do it.

The guy who ordered it done is really the one responsible.

But really, like I said, ultimately if that whole team refused to do the mission, they would have just found someone else to do it.

are we gonna split hairs here? shut the fuck up donny

Well that's what I'm saying: if there is a hero here, it's Truman. Have any of those shift eyed Japs fucked with us since? Yeah I thought not.

You gotta think, by the way, he is probably responsible for single handedly killing the most people in the history of human existence.

Single handedly? You always amaze me with the shear stupidity of your comments.

EDIT: Wow, olaf really shows himself to be an idiot. He wants to say single handedly because this guy 'pushed the button/pulled the trigger' so it wasn't Hitler, Stalin, or Mao Zedong - except this was the pilot, not the bombardier. Whoops!

Last edited:
He helped kill many Japanese, and by doing this he saved many americans. His contribution led to the end of the war. Many more people would have died had we not dropped those bombs.

I don't care what way anyone looks at it. I will always see him as an American hero, as well as all the other americans who fought in that war. He was man enough to do what needed to be done, even if it meant taking out 100,000 Japanese. It was the right thing to do.

If you want to call him a hero, you're going to have to pick a better reason than that. Every person in the military signs up to follow orders and that's all he did. He basically said so himself. Whether you look at it as him saving American lives or ending Japanese lives, he still just followed orders.

A hero is someone who goes beyond their duties to sacrifice something for a greater good.

If you want to call him a hero, you're going to have to pick a better reason than that. Every person in the military signs up to follow orders and that's all he did. He basically said so himself. Whether you look at it as him saving American lives or ending Japanese lives, he still just followed orders.

A hero is someone who goes beyond their duties to sacrifice something for a greater good.

So are the 100,000 japanese who died heroes?

Enola Gay, you should have stayed at home yesterday
O-ho, it can't describe the feeling and the way you lied
These games you play, they're gonna end it all in tears someday
O-ho, Enola Gay, it shouldn't ever have to end this way
It's 8:15, that's the time that it's always been
We got your message on the radio, condition's normal and you're coming home
Enola Gay, is mother proud of little boy today
O-ho, this kiss you give, it's never ever gonna fade away
Enola Gay, it shouldn't ever have to end this way
O-ho, Enola Gay, it should've faded our dreams away
It's 8:15, oh that's the time that it's always been
We got your message on the radio, condition's normal and you're coming home