Got my poker mojo back.....

Mitchdubai

Poop
Veteran XV
One month to the main event at The Venetian and i take down an online tourney for $3100. Very far from my biggest win but online poker is a billion times harder than it used to be in the day. Worse case my business class upgrade home is paid for.

In before nobody cares.
In before pooptrucks
In before vacation brag thread

And so on....

That said they have my best cash as 59k. That was the top money but in reality I chopped for 41k. I had the biggest stack though but and that.

Nobody else on TW is the 26,294th best in the world at anything, before anyone asks. Except maybe rape and staying in the basement too long. Oh, and screwing models.

Play for that w and may the flips be with you. You get that psychological advantage of it not being your job just don't force shitty spots oop good luck

Edit - vanster is definitely in the top 26k for senior 100 mile joggers yeah there are only 20 of them but still

Play for that w and may the flips be with you. You get that psychological advantage of it not being your job just don't force shitty spots oop good luck

Edit - vanster is definitely in the top 26k for senior 100 mile joggers yeah there are only 20 of them but still

Thanks, appreciated. There are probably a lot less running lunatics than poker lunatics but you're probably right about Vanster, 100 miles is a fucking long way and nothing but admiration, the basement dwelling nerdbabies giving him a hard time in here will never grow up or grow a pair. But they're happy. Or something.

Oh what's your strat for the ME? High variance multiple buyin but hopefully cooler one or two early for srs advantage? Bully scared money? Just play as close to the current tourney meta as possible?

Oh what's your strat for the ME? High variance multiple buyin but hopefully cooler one or two early for srs advantage? Bully scared money? Just play as close to the current tourney meta as possible?

Worst part is that Main Event is first tourney i'll play and super rusty live, haven't played for 5 months.. Big stack but $1600 buy in and I can afford to rebuy only once (famous last words). So see a lot of flops early and then slowly tighten up to ABC poker. After that will play 5 or 6 more tourneys with $200 - $500 buyins and mostly play a lot looser. By the Thursday i'll be spending more in Spearmint Rhino. Because Vegas.

Disclaimer: Unless i'm wasted. Which is standard.

Last edited:
Lots of flop strat is going out the tourney strat except for the old guys who still practice it. ICM calculations and EV charts dictate everything now especially with only one rebuy. 3bet basically any hand in the top half of hands in position and fold those that are easily dominated to 4 bets (ajo and down, 69s, 66 etc.) If deep enough fuck yeah play your suited connectors and shit. Check the vids of current high roller tourneys as the serious players (i.e. not me) have adopted a betting range that basically simultaneous makes oop 2nd pair folds on the flop and even turn exploitable but also will readily gain more value then 'normal' 50-75% pot size bets as those hands fold. Yeah occasionally they get a middling two pair but they're in a rough spot to a hefty river bet.

Oh also basically big blind strat has mega evolved so watch videos of cutoff raises vs big blinds especially if you get shortstacked as a low board you can check raise two overs off even if that's precisely what you have, and if u fire enough can triple barrel jj+ off of crowded low boards.

Did a 1k tourney two months back (not Vegas) via satellite (wow was that soft) and finished 3 off money whole 0/4 on flips over the two days. I'm not smart I just copy the good guys and understand their theory so all the shitty 'pros' in Vegas I'm sure will get crushed by the current strat. Idk what you look like but if over 40 young guys will assume you're abc as fuck early and will respect the 4bets. I know i do and always shocked when someone let's me see their hand of k4s or something similar that works as a squeeze.

Lots of flop strat is going out the tourney strat except for the old guys who still practice it. ICM calculations and EV charts dictate everything now especially with only one rebuy. 3bet basically any hand in the top half of hands in position and fold those that are easily dominated to 4 bets (ajo and down, 69s, 66 etc.) If deep enough fuck yeah play your suited connectors and shit. Check the vids of current high roller tourneys as the serious players (i.e. not me) have adopted a betting range that basically simultaneous makes oop 2nd pair folds on the flop and even turn exploitable but also will readily gain more value then 'normal' 50-75% pot size bets as those hands fold. Yeah occasionally they get a middling two pair but they're in a rough spot to a hefty river bet.

Oh also basically big blind strat has mega evolved so watch videos of cutoff raises vs big blinds especially if you get shortstacked as a low board you can check raise two overs off even if that's precisely what you have, and if u fire enough can triple barrel jj+ off of crowded low boards.

Did a 1k tourney two months back (not Vegas) via satellite (wow was that soft) and finished 3 off money whole 0/4 on flips over the two days. I'm not smart I just copy the good guys and understand their theory so all the shitty 'pros' in Vegas I'm sure will get crushed by the current strat. Idk what you look like but if over 40 young guys will assume you're abc as fuck early and will respect the 4bets. I know i do and always shocked when someone let's me see their hand of k4s or something similar that works as a squeeze.

All that stuff is right but it's not fun. I'm not gonna secure my kid's financial future here, I wanna have fun. When I won the 41k, somewhere along the way I call a raise with 68 suited and flop comes 457 rainbow. Those moments are why I play poker. Of course I take all QQ guys chips.

Nah I fully get that. Fun is always more important, the only reason the pros do it is because they all stake 10% of each other or what have you and know between all of them they will get average a 80% roi aka a few bucks generally but one guy wins and you're good for the year as you got 10% of him.

To win you gotta hit a few hands when someone else has you beat earlier in the hand and it's better to lose early then tread water for multiple days and bust for nothing or a min, I totally get that.

Nah I fully get that. Fun is always more important, the only reason the pros do it is because they all stake 10% of each other or what have you and know between all of them they will get average a 80% roi aka a few bucks generally but one guy wins and you're good for the year as you got 10% of him.

To win you gotta hit a few hands when someone else has you beat earlier in the hand and it's better to lose early then tread water for multiple days and bust for nothing or a min, I totally get that.

Exactly. Playing OGT live is not always the right way. Amazing how many clueless morons show up in Vegas for these tournament series. You would think the tourists would be playing 1/2 cash or $20 tourneys, but you get guys who will chuck in for a $400 tourney with absolutely no fucking clue.

So last year at Planet Hollywood I play the $1675 main. Late on day 1 I have raise, call, call, in front of me. AK suited. I pop it 1.5 x pot, not keen to play a flop against morons.

Fold, fold. Shove. What the fuck. Chinese girl who's done nothing all day and flat called a raise and a call. I have to call here and I think i'm in good shape.

She turns over A4 off and says "I thought you were bruffing".

Flop 236

Turn 5.

Shit you couldn't make up.

i picked up a 4h5h the other night against 5 other ppl

im 1st act so i raise the bb, fold, fold, fold, call, call.

flop 2h3h7s

guy raises, i re-raise, last guy folds, guy calls

turn 6h

he raises again im thinking bro ur ace j hearts is about 2 let u down real hard so i push all in. he thinks and eventually folds

i let him see it anyways and he had a fuckin 7,2 offsuit

the fuk was he even thinkin tryn 2 play that trash

So last year at Planet Hollywood I play the $1675 main. Late on day 1 I have raise, call, call, in front of me. AK suited. I pop it 1.5 x pot, not keen to play a flop against morons.

Fold, fold. Shove. What the fuck. Chinese girl who's done nothing all day and flat called a raise and a call. I have to call here and I think i'm in good shape.

She turns over A4 off and says "I thought you were bruffing".

Flop 236

Turn 5.

Shit you couldn't make up.

Hah.

That happened to me twice last week except I won both. The wheel suited ace has become every wannabe pros favorite preflop bluff. I straddle to maintain a loose image and got lucky of the few times I squeezed I got shoved on with ak and qq respectively. Same situation, young guy calls with 1-3 limpers or weak 1bet in front. I raise to isolate. Original raiser folds random limpers shoves. Like ok? I get I can squeeze with a lot of holdings but unless you're a 60 year old man who is utg and you limp shove I'll never fold anything top 5% preflop. Unless theyre that guy then they def have aces or kings.

One of them then tried talking shop aftwrwards outside with me like any good wannabe "well I had an ace blocker and you know in case you have ak or something this has the most equity against cause I can make a str8 too."

I'd rather play the guy who does t have a clue what he's doing cause at least we can talk about baseball or something. The clueless shit pro is just awful. They also try to talk down to the tourist type and make them feel bad which dries up the game. They're the type that are killing poker.

i picked up a 4h5h the other night against 5 other ppl

im 1st act so i raise the bb, fold, fold, fold, call, call.

flop 2h3h7s

guy raises, i re-raise, last guy folds, guy calls

turn 6h

he raises again im thinking bro ur ace j hearts is about 2 let u down real hard so i push all in. he thinks and eventually folds

i let him see it anyways and he had a fuckin 7,2 offsuit

the fuk was he even thinkin tryn 2 play that trash

Why you raise all in on the turn to a guy not respecting you by retaking the betting lead on the turn when he is oop? Semi tank, Call, and let him fire off into oblivion on the river. Only card he wouldn't bet again on is a 4th heart if I had to guess but sometimes he has the a or k of hearts where he does anyways. Also if a 7 or probably 2 peels off he will give you his money regardless, maybe even any other board pairing card if he is an aggressive bluffer. Poor play on your part imo unless you want to argue balancing your turn shove or something. Depending on stack sizes he may also call a large bet/shove on river as he beats all over pairs and could level himself into a "he only has the a of hearts" type thinking.

Last edited:
d00 wantn him tinkn him n e gud @ n e ting u not even gud @ killin uself stedda makkn ya famly suffer evryfukn day o dey chitlyfe n chea we r smdh lol :jester:

Back