[GLOBAL WARMING] U.S. in grips of long-lasting cold spell

U.S. in grips of long-lasting cold spell - CNN.com

al gore is a fucking liar

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
For much of the nation, cold blast will continue all week long
In Minneapolis, the wind chill was -17 degrees early Monday
Even normally mild Florida feeling sting of this cold wave
Storm off New England coast dumping large amounts of snow
(CNN) -- Dangerously cold weather had much of the United States in its grip early Monday morning, with no relief in sight for the rest of the week.

In Minneapolis, Minnesota, the temperature was -3 degrees as Monday began, and with the wind chill, it felt like -17 degrees, according to CNN affiliate KARE. By Thursday, the high is forecast to be only 4 degrees.

While the upper Midwest is accustomed to frigid weather, freezing temperatures can come as a shock in Florida.

The Panhandle and much of northern Florida is under a hard freeze warning, the National Weather Service says. The warning extended almost down to Tampa Bay along the Gulf Coast.

Florida officials have been urging residents, visitors and agricultural interests to prepare for temperatures near or below the freezing mark this week, CNN affiliate WESH reports.

Along with the dangerously cold temperatures, residents in Montana have been warned by the Weather Service to brace for blizzard conditions with snowfall of 12 to 20 inches possible across parts of the state.

In Chicago, Illinois, residents bundled up on another bitterly cold day and many stayed indoors, CNN affiliate WLS reports.

Despite the dangerous cold, some people ventured out, . especially parishioners at Holy Name Cathedral, WLS said.

"It's God first. Even though weather is terrible, we've still got to go to church," said Alez Alverez.

Early Monday morning, the temperature in Chicago was 9 degrees with light snow, WLS reported. By Saturday, the forecast high is only 8 degrees.

In the Northeast, the Weather Service warned that a large storm off the New England coast would continue to bring heavy snow to much of central New York state.

Wasn't there a really awful movie about the end of the world where global warming made everything cold

oh shit

Hey I remember this.

day-after-tomorrow-SPLASH.jpg

Time to immigrate to mexico

This isn't how global warming works you fucking retarded white trash conservative. It's about average patterns of temperatures over the years, not random cold spells. Look at the fucking polar ice caps you dumb fuck.

But in all seriousness, global warming may exist, but I still believe that it's more of a natural warming than purely man made. The climate has changed many times over the centuries.

global warming is more important than the sovereignty of any country

therefore a one world government must be formed to solve it

im sorry you dont know how to read you college dropout but the title of the thread clearly says long-lasting which isnt a "random cold spell"

fuck off

wait is this where you tell me that your shitty climate models can accurately predict the gulf stream swensonator

liberal moron

No, this is where I tell you my prehistoric climate model will predict 3 massive winter hurricanes that will blanket the northern hemisphere in 15 feet of snow and create glaciation down to New York and Seattle in 1 week.

:lol: you dipshit

This isn't how global warming works you fucking retarded white trash conservative. It's about average patterns of temperatures over the years, not random cold spells. Look at the fucking polar ice caps you dumb fuck.

But in all seriousness, global warming may exist, but I still believe that it's more of a natural warming than purely man made. The climate has changed many times over the centuries.
I believe it's a shitstorm and that nobody really knows anything

which means nothing anyone does will have any effect on it, and everyone is doing about it what they want

err...shakespearian: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

No, this is where I tell you my prehistoric climate model will predict 3 massive winter hurricanes that will blanket the northern hemisphere in 15 feet of snow and create glaciation down to New York and Seattle in 1 week.

:lol: you dipshit

did you even see the movie man?

glaciation happened immediately after a giant tsunami, not even a week went by

Back