Ghosts [BBC] no, not big black cock.

Gandalf

Contributor
Veteran XX
HBO max got three seasons of the oldish BBC show Ghosts. There is an american version, but I think the BBC version is much better.

Synopsis: Recently married couple finds out the wife has inherited an old british estate. Rather broke, they decide to cut costs and move in, but find the mansion needs serious repairs. On top of that, after suffering from a head injury, the wife can suddenly see ghosts - and the house has a whole host of them, from all ages, from a cave man, to a recently dead member of parliament.

It is incredibly funny, well written and acted. The stories of how some of the ghost met their end are clever and diverse. The fact the husband can't see or hear any of the ghosts adds to the humor immensely.

Funny show, and I highly recommend it.

Chances are, if there is an american version of a BBC show, the BBC show is 100x better. The american version isn't bad, but it's not nearly as cleverly written and borrows a lot from the BBC show to begin with.

And no BBCs visible. So far.

the chick in the english version is fucking terrible.. i also hated her in izombie also tho

Chances are, if there is an american version of a BBC show, the BBC show is 100x better. The american version isn't bad, but it's not nearly as cleverly written and borrows a lot from the BBC show to begin with.

Why do you hate America Gandalf?

iu

Why do you hate America Gandalf?

American Tv spends half its time ripping off shows from the BBC and they all tend to be worse.

Take the characters in ghosts. The Americanization of the show is represented by replacing all of the characters with less funny alternates, and then throws in a gay couple to boot. They then steal storylines, but had to make them bigger, but some how less amusing.

And somehow the American version jumps from a run down mansion to a quaint rustic beautiful lodgings with plenty of bookings without the least bit of explanation of where the millions of dollars came from to do all the renovations needed. It’s starting to remind me of Newhart.

Back