Getting a GFX Card

twice

Veteran XV
What kinds should i look at... For sure 9800 Pro / XT but what about any of the Nvidia cards (do any of them compete with the 9800 pro/xt and cost less??)

.... nvidia are more expensive last i checked. so if you don't want to get a 9800 pro/xt, get a 9600 pro/xt.

Doaln said:
.... nvidia are more expensive last i checked. so if you don't want to get a 9800 pro/xt, get a 9600 pro/xt.
are they comparable quality... im thinking for the future at least

The only thing that really is up to par with the 9800 pro/xt is the 5950 Ultra, that's an amazing card, but it's also like $100 more than the 9800 pro/xt. Just get a 9800 Pro, aren't they like $250 now?

WOW I just checked newegg and a GeForce FX 5950 Ultra is only $400 (last I checked it was like $500) while the 9800XT is $420. If you want best of the best go for that 5950 for $400 :eek:

PriO said:
u fake n$. meber
that started n$ yea im fake then if you mean n$ founder by fake n$
edit: i fucking recruited you

edit 2: i saw that price on new egg... i may get that
if not i will get the 9800 pro for 220 on pricewatch :eek:

Last edited:
twice said:
that started n$ yea im fake then if you mean n$ founder by fake n$
edit: i fucking recruited you

edit 2: i saw that price on new egg... i may get that
if not i will get the 9800 pro for 220 on pricewatch :eek:
Before you buy from anyone on pricewatch look them up on resellerratings.com. 99% of the people on pricewatch have horrible terrible ratings. Newegg is worth the extra money for the security of mind that they won't rip you off.

FalseMyrmidon said:
Before you buy from anyone on pricewatch look them up on resellerratings.com. 99% of the people on pricewatch have horrible terrible ratings. Newegg is worth the extra money for the security of mind that they won't rip you off.
rgr... gracias

I'm interested in the difference between the 9800XT and the 5950Ultra...

Any good reliable sites to find benchmarks and comparisons?

Back