Garage Games Tribes'ish footage leaked

Somehow, I suspect that if they had a mostly playable game it would never see the light of day.

I just dont see these guys as game developers anymore. Also, if they released anything vaguely Tribesish, I think they would be litigated until they bled.

After all, werent these the first guys off the sinking S.S. Dynamix?

if they were smart they would deep six those crappy TV like backpacks.

Yeah I dont get that either. I know this is just early alpha stuff, but it tells me some of the people "contracted" working on models/graphics know nothing about Tribes or ever played it. But oh well its not actually Tribes, just Tribes like anyway. Very early alpha stuff so I dont want to judge to harshly.

Last edited:
Yeah I dont get that either. I know this is just early alpha stuff, but it tells me some of the people "contracted" working on models/graphics know nothing about Tribes or ever played it. But oh well its not actually Tribes, just Tribes like anyway. Very early alpha stuff so I dont want to judge to harshly.

What do you think the odds are that they will actually do a full blown game - a lot of work. (As opposed to doing a 'framework' and releasing that for completion)

Somehow I just dont see them having the legs to actually complete a 'commercial' game. Prototypes or - tribes-sdk's (I made that up :) ) I can see. They might avoid being sued into oblivion that way. (If the community finishes a free 'Tribes' game).

Do you think they are actually doing a game (commercial) to completion?

Bought and enjoyed 1,2 and V. This footage is good to see. I like the amount of energy they are showing, hopefully they are makeing up for it with huge terrains. One more thing is I like the in flight animations. The leans, leg dangle, knee lift are cool/fluid and aparently the jets move to.
Needs more GTWcowbell.

Im playing it.

Its not?

About InstantAction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InstantAction is bringing next gen gaming to the web. Through its unique platform, InstantAction will deliver fully 3D, console-style games in a browser. Web gaming is also about social gaming -- taking your party from one action game to another.

What makes InstantAction unique is that it is not tied down to a specific gaming console, distributor or retailer; creating an accessible place for gamers to play great games.

The game wont be played in a browser you fucking retards. Think steam.

See I didn't even need to reed your accusation, since you already had a Halo 3 logo thus everything you wrote would be WRONG anyway.

But yes, I already signed up for the system. It will allow for 3d mulit(andsingle)player games through a browser. Think iD Games new directioN!

A browser would work fine as an application environment. It could be limited to content delivery,but having written software like that - content delivery doesnt need a browser unless you are a programming retard.

i smell a total failure... and my business/idea outcome predictions never fail.

These apps need performance - a browser provides universal access. Which means the majority of those attempting to use the service wont meet spec. I smell lots of frustration. (Or the games will be low performance - which means not to the standards of the gamers I know)

Otherwise, it might work.

Legionsthegame.com now redirects to instantaction.com (aka, remember the legions game they where working on for the last 5? years)

They show the game on instantaction.com, so yes, its in a webbrowser.

Back