[Gaming/Racing] GRID

juicyfrys

Veteran X
So who's playing GRID? Got it from the "store" today very fun. Strikes a very nice balance between sim and arcade style racing. Loving it so far and I'm barely even into the game. Just got my first car, which is given to you once you beat some races, and going through the career.

Right now I have my eye on the demolition derby races as it seems like that would be a blast, especially with this games damage modeling. And the car appearance changes seem to have quiet a lot of options, in terms of paints, and patterns. No wheel changes or anything like that, though I prefer that, keep the rice out of this sort of game.

Overall great fun game. Runs very well on my computer, most of my settings are on ultra and it looks great, and I would consider my PC to be pretty old.

Only complaint I have so far is I can't seem to get my widescreen resolution to come up in the graphic options, even though it was available in the demo.

Anyways just checking if anyone was playing and maybe throw some screens up of your cars once you start getting deeper into it.

gridgv4.jpg

This is the type of game that doesn't need 300 dollar wheel and pedals.

I'm using my game pad on my pc works perfectly. Also if you liked DIRT you'll like this as it is from the same guys obviously.

its the guys that did the old TOCA games and the last iteration was Pro Race Driver for original Xbox. They make a pretty good racing game imo. They've always had decent physics and a good damage model.

Last edited:
its the guys that did the old TOCA games and the last iteration was Pro Race Driver for original Xbox. They make a pretty good racing game imo. They've always had decent physics and a good damage model.

Agreed fully. Loved the ToCA games and the story lines, though lame, and not important was always a nice little flair. Kind of hoping this game has something involving those small cut scenes, but so far not looking that way.

if its as good as they hope it to be, it should challenge the NFS series.

they need to be hurrying up with DIRT2 fuckers.

I have a logitech momo - used it for flatout racing and never plugged it in again - maybe this will entice it back out of hiding

Back