Galaxy Nexus

RitaLiN

Veteran XX
anyone else with a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon have any issues with signal strength? My brother RAZR gets 4g in my house...i get barely any signal......

I have a GNex. I did notice some connectivity issues, but after updating to 4.04 they went away. My girlfriend has a Verizon Thunderbolt and I constantly check hers every time I lose connectivity to see if mine is still having problems. I found maybe one time where she had signal and I didn't, leading me to believe that the issue is fixed.

Also, I did notice there is a lag time where the internet doesn't work whenever changing between wifi/3g/4g that I thought was a signal strength issue. I realized later that that's independent from the signal strength and just always happens. It's indicated by whether the signal bars are gray (connecting) or blue (connected)

Last edited:
I was also reading as well that the GNEX is way more accurate at measuring LTE signal strength then other phones. I'm right on the fringe of 4g coverage at home as well so that could also be an issue. Who knows?

Wasn't it exposed that the cell phone carriers fake the signal bars on most of their phones just to keep customer morale up (it should really show 1 bar when you have 3 and etc.)?

What you see on your Gnex is probably what your real signal is.

I love my Bionic to death but it has so many 4G issues with connectivity it's ridiculous. Some dudes at work have Nexus' and they all love it.

Back