G1 is better than the iPhone

how does 3g only being in certain areas make the 3GP camera moot

I think he was refering to 3G network speeds for browsing and not a 3GP camera, whatever that is... as 3GP is a file format for mobile movies.

palm pre > *

Certainly the most interesting new phone on the way,that and the new Google Cupcake phones on the way and the recently released Samsung OmniaHD (i8910HD)

Last edited:
:lol:

G1 is a horrible phone.

1) Stereo btooth, are you 12? Besides iPhone 3.0 will have it.
2) the new iphone is suppose to have better ram/better proc and better camera. It'll be able to do MMS and copy/paste.

I am sorry, to compare the G1 and iPhone spec to spec isn't a fair comparison. A cell phone is everything. OS/UI/Cell Phone/ etc.

G1 doesn't compare at all. Appstore anyone?

You should prolly compare your future phone from july to the next phone then right? G2 or whatever... I mean if we are comparing future phones or fairytale phones..

Like I said ender I am a macbook pro user, I loved the iPhone but couldn't use it due to signal and now have rooted my G1 and realized it not only matches but exceeds the iPhone... the only area I would list it still lacking is games... there are not as many games ported like quake etc... yet....

3.0 does look nice tho.. cant wait to update and compare

Last edited:
You should prolly compare your future phone from july to the next phone then right? G2 or whatever... I mean if we are comparing future phones or fairytale phones..

Like I said ender I am a macbook pro user, I loved the iPhone but couldn't use it due to signal and now have rooted my G1 and realized it not only matches but exceeds the iPhone... the only area I would list it still lacking is games... there are not as many games ported like quake etc... yet....

You do understand it's about the user experience as well. To get the items you mentioned you need to "root" your phone. I don't.

It comes with the app store, it comes with the ability to download various applications to get things working.

G1 how much memory does it have, in terms of gb of space for music?
iPhone 16g.

G1 3g? where?
iPhone 3g, more places than Tmobile.

I think he was refering to 3G network speeds for browsing and not a 3GP camera, whatever that is... as 3GP is a file format for mobile movies.

Certainly the most interesting new phone on the way,that and the new Google Cupcake phones on the way and the recently released Samsung OmniaHD (i8910HD)

I know what he meant but I was saying how does 3G not being everywhere render the 3 gigapixel and all the other shit that exceeds the iphone moot?

Yea the software my phone is running is Cupcake... the new software.

If I don't want to do the tmobile data plan, will the g1 be crippled?

Crippled as in you can't access the web mobile but otherwise when around a wifi it works like normal... I activated mine without data plan at first on my wifes line but then when I didn't use it for a week and was thinkin of selling it I restored it and had trouble activating without the data plan... you could always call them up and activate the data and if you cancel the data the same day they dont charge you anything. Just tell em you don't like the G1 and you are going back to your razr hehehe.

There are other ways to activate it also... xda-developers.com is a great site for hacks and shit.

Last edited:
You do understand it's about the user experience as well. To get the items you mentioned you need to "root" your phone. I don't.

It comes with the app store, it comes with the ability to download various applications to get things working.

iPhone 16g.

G1 3g? where?
iPhone 3g, more places than Tmobile.

I have BOTH... i am comparing the experiences and EVEN with a jailbroken iPhone it can't match the G1 (YET, hopefully 3.0 will change that eh?)

i like how we were having a decent, reasonable, mature discussion before ender started rubbing his herpes infested dick all over this thread

Well anyways for any of those on T-Mobile or AT&T (with the unlocked G1) if for some reason you don't want or can't use an iPhone... the G1 with the newest cupcake update (need to root currently but in a couple weeks it will download to all G1's) matches and imo exceeds the iPhone.

I love my G1 and I think ultimately Android is a better OS then the iPhone OS; but HTC really needs to step it up hardware wise with their next android powered phone; I love the whole having a memory card as opposed to a hard drive bit, but android absolutely needs to allow app installs to the memory card; what the fuck is the point of having a 16gb MicroSDHC card if the only thing I can put on it are music and pics?

dont mistake this post as being motivated by fanboy purposes, but can you explain to me the advantages of having a memory card over a hard drive?

is it simply being able to swap them out?

dont mistake this post as being motivated by fanboy purposes, but can you explain to me the advantages of having a memory card over a hard drive?

is it simply being able to swap them out?

Swap them out if need be, theoretically unlimited space, your whole device isn't toasted if the storage medium fails. Dont get me wrong, there's aspects where having a hard drive is nice, and I think a phone that had both a microSD slot and a hard drive would be far superior storage wise to a phone that only had either a microSD or hard drive alone. But honestly.. in the end, on a day to day usage differences between a memory card and hard drive are minimum; but really apple has iPhone users by the balls if that hard drive ever fails.

:lol:

G1 is a horrible phone.

1) Stereo btooth, are you 12? Besides iPhone 3.0 will have it.
2) the new iphone is suppose to have better ram/better proc and better camera. It'll be able to do MMS and copy/paste.

I am sorry, to compare the G1 and iPhone spec to spec isn't a fair comparison. A cell phone is everything. OS/UI/Cell Phone/ etc.

G1 doesn't compare at all. Appstore anyone?

Except Android Market is about 50 berjillion times better (and free-er) than Appstore.

Let's face it, the G1 is an infinitely superior phone. You've got all the evidence you should need right here in this thread: Alvarez the convert.

:bandit:

ender you know i love you cuz you're so stupid sometimes (plus we're kama aina), but this is just out of control. i mean come on, comparing todays G1 with iphone 3.0. thats even beyond you.

the G1 comes with all that before you unlock it. plus almost all the apps in our app store are free.

iPhone 16g.
my G1 came with a 1gig card :[ but i can use the $400+ difference in price to buy a $50 16gig card. i suppose iphone users could also upgrade their.. no wait they cant.

and this is coming from an apple fanboy with 2 mac laptops and an ipod touch. i really did want an iphone at first, but the G1 just beat it out.

Except Android Market is about 50 berjillion times better (and free-er) than Appstore.

Let's face it, the G1 is an infinitely superior phone. You've got all the evidence you should need right here in this thread: Alvarez the convert.

:bandit:

you mean Android | Market ?

theres only like what... 50 apps on there? :huh: or am i doing it wrong

Back