Full Spectrum Warrior

Anyone going to get this game? Gamestop has it shipping tomorrow, it doesn't come out till June 8th I think as a final date. I've been following it and it looks like an awesome game, especially with the coop mode where one player controls Team Alpha and the other Team Bravo. For those that don't know what Full Spectrum Warrior is, it is a third-person tactical simulator that is a lighter version of the one used to train the military. Your opinions?

Edit: Heres the official description off of EBX:

Full Spectrum Warrior is based on a game commissioned by the U.S. Army to train light Infantry troops in urban combat situations. Soldiers are placed in a tense, hostile, and claustrophobic environment where they must complete a variety of military objectives. Players act as the Squad Leader, providing direction to Alpha and Bravo fire teams. The successful Squad Leader effectively uses cover in the environment and moves his fire teams in a coordinated fashion so they can protect themselves from possible attacks that could come from any direction. Full Spectrum Warrior puts you in the dirt with your men, where danger lurks around every corner.

I've played it, atleast the Army version, and its ok. As a training tool it will rock. As a game for people who are thinking FPS...you will be very disappointed.

you don't shoot anything. You tell your fire teams (you have 2) to maneuver and fire. The cutscene on when they enter and clear a room is sweet though.

I love FPS games...this ain't one. Tactical Strategy? you betcha.

FYI, I am an Infantry Platoon SGT and was at Fort Benning in February when I played it, so they may have changed a few small things...but it should be pretty set.

MG

MasterGnr said:
I've played it, atleast the Army version, and its ok. As a training tool it will rock. As a game for people who are thinking FPS...you will be very disappointed.

you don't shoot anything. You tell your fire teams (you have 2) to maneuver and fire. The cutscene on when they enter and clear a room is sweet though.

FYI, I am an Infantry Platoon SGT and was at Fort Benning in February when I played it, so they may have changed a few small things...but it should be pretty set.

MG

Yeah, I am not expecting an FPS shooter. My friend and I are really stoked about the fact that cooperative play is in it. I hate to compare the experiene to an FPS as this isn't one, but my friend and I loved to play Rainbow Six and to play this would be awesome. I think it looks really good. I want to order it now but can't... gotta wait I guess. It's either this or my airsoft gun.

most innovative thing this game has is the replay system.

every mission you play is recorded, and can be sent to anyone on live. they can just watch the replay. or at any time they desire, they can play the game from the point they interviened on.

that will provide a new level of gaming, and is something i hope a lot of future games will incorporate.

MasterGnr said:

MG

Hey MG, (Master AO player ;P )

Yeah, I am really looking forward to this game. I love the uniqueness and ability to control your squad, and the squad doing what you order them to do.
Plus the COOP mode owns. :) Friends and I were stoke when we seen the first trailer with the gunny as the narriator.

Have it reserved.
According to the gamestop lady, it gets there tomorrow (well, since it's 2AM, I guess tomorrow would amount to today).

RAWR.
I can't wait for this game.
I just hope they left the military simulator in there too (cos apparently they've tweaked some realism settings to make it more "appealing" to the masses).

Ordered mine with free overnight, should be getting it wednesday. Looks pretty sweet, different spin on strategy games.

I had no idea this came out today, I thought it was another 2 weeks or so. Gotta go trade in some games tommorow!

I'll have to give this one a rental. I was half expecting something akin to Ghost Recon but it sounds completely different. Can't be that bad, though.

Back