fuck i am old

I have a really good memory which makes me feel like I've been around for fucking ever.

I remember Michael Johnson's golden shoes. Watching the Titanic in theaters with my dad, what a weird fuking idea that was, I think he fell asleep. I remember seeing attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. Talking to someone who really believed in Y2K and had a bunch of plans for the inevitable apocalypse. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. I know exactly where I was and who was talking when I learned about 9/11 (it happened about an hour and a half from where I grew up).

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

I really disliked Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I find it depressing that there's a show that features nothing but sexual assault. I liked the basic Law and Order, when there was just a random crime.

I remember seeing Star Wars in the theatre when it was first released.

Han shot first

also they had shotguns in ET

I have a really good memory which makes me feel like I've been around for fucking ever.

I remember Michael Johnson's golden shoes. Watching the Titanic in theaters with my dad, what a weird fuking idea that was, I think he fell asleep. I remember seeing attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. Talking to someone who really believed in Y2K and had a bunch of plans for the inevitable apocalypse. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. I know exactly where I was and who was talking when I learned about 9/11 (it happened about an hour and a half from where I grew up).

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

roy plz do not go

Saw Star Wars at drive-in with my rents. It was a double feature, the second movie being "The End" which was rated R. When the second movie started, my dad drove out of the drive-in so fast we almost got in a crash. (it happened about an hour and a half from where I grew up)

I always wanted the cucks in law and order to get arrested by internal affairs for being shitty human beings who break the law. But it is a TV show so they can just do all the illegal shit to ruin some dudes life because he is the bad guy.

my sister used to brag that her ex-husband could figure out perry masons before the ending was revealed.

we've dumbed down to the point where - rarely in law and order - you don't have the need to figure out who did it. that is usually pretty easy.

instead, sometimes you get chances to find plot holes where characters are shown to act or make statements that completely contradict their behavior up to that point. this gives the writers the chance to point fingers at someone else

I remember seeing Star Wars at a drive in, and catching a couple going hot and heavy in their car on the way to the popcorn stand. I remember seeing Jaws, and my Dad taking me to the lake the next weekend and being terrified, especially because my older brother was a douche and pushed me in.
Going outside and playing all day and only coming home when the street light came on.
Home cooked meals, where family sat at the dinner table each night---this is a fading tradition.
When atari came out, and colecovision followed. Nintendo.
Pinball machines and video games at corner stores.

Damn I am old...

I remember seeing Star Wars in the theatre when it was first released.

Han shot first

also they had shotguns in ET
If you *really* remembered seeing Star Wars in the theater when it was first released, you would have said "Han shot. Period."

Greedo never even got off a shot.

I remember watching Nixon depart from the White House for the last time. I was pissed because my babysitter wanted to watch the news and it was time for Sesame Street.

I remember being sent home early from school in second grade when JFK was assassinated. Top that, bitches!

Back