FS: Modded Nintendo Wii (Wii-Key mod chip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefilim

Veteran X
For sale:

One Nintendo Wii with the Wii-Key mod chip already installed. All accessories included, with a wireless sensor bar. 1 controller and 1 nun-chuck. Will also throw in high-def cables(if you can call 480p "high-def"). No games included.

$300 shipped
Or make a reasonable offer.

edit: dropped price

Last edited:
Play back-ups of wii and gamecube games. (of your legally owned retail games, of course) There is also a bunch of homebrew gamecube stuff you can play with too. It's awesome. Buy it.

Hmm. Do you just burn them to regular DVDs? I thought GC & Wii used some screwy format disc.

Is it on / off switchable? Mario Kart Wii (and I'm sure to more come) looked for "hacked Wii hardware" when I got online.

You burn them to regular DVDs, yes. It is not switchable AFAIK.. But I've never run into a problem with it yet, and I've been using it since it came out a year and a half ago, although I don't play online. I'll try to play Mario Kart online here in a sec and let you know.

Hmm. Do you just burn them to regular DVDs? I thought GC & Wii used some screwy format disc.

Is it on / off switchable? Mario Kart Wii (and I'm sure to more come) looked for "hacked Wii hardware" when I got online.

Forgot about this thread...

Are you sure about that? I think that's BS. I've played Mario Kart online several times over the last few days with no problems whatsoever. (using a copied disc) What exactly did it say?

I wouldn't guarantee it will work forever... but right now it seems to work just fine, and there doesn't seem to be any way for them to tell if your system is modded or not. Just as long as you never try to apply a Wii system update from a disc with a different region, you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back