[Fishing] Alligator defense in the gulf states

SLINGSHOT MAKERS PULL SLINGSHOT MANUFACTURING OUT OF CHINA AFTER VIOLENT WORKER PROTESTS

I find it interesting that in this area, they don't dredge any longer. I've been down here about 30 years or so and in the 90's when a big storm came in and ate up the beaches, for the next month or so there would be a dredge machine just off the beach reclaiming the sand and building the beach back.

Now they just let it be gone. There are a lot of areas that 20 or 30 years ago were much larger and now they are a fraction of what they were if they exist at all

gmZ1Sib.jpg

Parents lived on the Mississippi bayou for years. Half my family lives just south of baton rouge. I have an uncle that literally makes his money catching gators.

I'm no expert, but I'd be surprised if anyone here has more time around gators than I do. :shrug:

i have a pet alligator

I have a legitimate question, though. If he's fine with shooting rifles, why does he hate pistols so much? I mean, yeah, they are shorter, but they are semi-automatic just like rifles, and they work pretty much the same way, just a bit shorter, so I'm not getting it. Just curious.

Dunno he just said he doesn't feel comfortable shooting them and last time I took him to the range you have to stand to shoot it and he has trouble standing without support so that was probably a huge part of it.

I just think back to when I was young. He only ever owned a 22 for plinking and a 16 gauge for pheasant hunting. He never owned a handgun.

I don't know what to tell you. If he won't use a handgun and he can't get away quickly due to mobility issues then I guess he can just stare the gator down and hope for the best.

Get him a carbon fiber pole or something he can poke at it with. Something rigid and light weight. I dunno.

Back