First Archealogical record of Jesus Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aestis said:
I think he existed

I just don't entirely believe he was the son of god

With that said, I couldn't care less if he was the son of god or not. I think what he taught was a good way for human beings to live their life, regardless if it meant any change in their afterlife. Too bad people don't actually go by what he taught and "christianity" is just a giant perversion

well, considering people ahve said that nothing in the bible is true at all many times on here, I thought it needed to be posted.

Also, the fact that it says

"James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" - all 3 being int he gospels is pretty big too.

Aestis said:
With that said, I couldn't care less if he was the son of god or not. I think what he taught was a good way for human beings to live their life, regardless if it meant any change in their afterlife. Too bad people don't actually go by what he taught and "christianity" is just a giant perversion
Agreed.

they don't even know if it's the real "Jesus" though.

assumptions

It's impossible, however, to prove absolutely that the Jesus named on the box was Jesus of Nazareth

All three names were commonplace, but he estimates that only 20 Jameses in Jerusalem during that era would have had a father named Joseph and a brother named Jesus.

:lol:

Aestis said:

i think that its more likely that he was a man with alot of charisma, a person that offered a voice of reason, and a direction for people to follow and build their lives upon. probably not much different than an evangelist of today, just more sincere.

personally, i think the bible is a myth. by i also think that all myths have a grain of truth at their core.

they mentioned in the movie 'Contact' that 95% of Americans believe in some sort of higher power or form of 'god'. Is that the general consensus here?

Groove said:
they mentioned in the movie 'Contact' that 95% of Americans believe in some sort of higher power or form of 'god'. Is that the general consensus here?

I think that number is dwindling rapidly.

I go to a catholic high school and probably >60% of the seniors claim to be athiest. Funny thing is that 4 years of religion actually turns many more kids away from it then it brings them in.

Groove said:
All statistics are accurate also.

The numbers aren't as nearly as large as that imo.

I'm willing to say 60% - 75%, but nowhere near 90

187eagle said:
I go to a catholic high school and probably >60% of the seniors claim to be athiest. Funny thing is that 4 years of religion actually turns many more kids away from it then it brings them in.

this was true in my school as well...

yea it seemed like a fishy statistic to me, thats why i mentioned it, didnt mean to start a 'do you believe in god' discussion or anything. You can never trust movie statistics. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back