Finally a LPB!

RazorJack

Contributor
Veteran XX
13191436869.png

:bye:

3.5 mbps here, you are 1000x faster than me. Country living has its perks tho.

Last edited:
speeds over like 100mbps are kind of pointless unless u hosting or got some huge mexican fam all streamin 4k at the same time

...rustee u try elon musks sat innet yet?

speeds over like 100mbps are kind of pointless

yeah, the only point of anything over 100mpbs is to download stuff WAY faster instead of waiting around. i mean, who cares if you have to wait 3 hours instead of 19 minutes to download a multiplayer game while everyone is waiting.

:ftard:

personally, i like to be able to download a 20 gigabyte movie faster than it takes to cook microwave popcorn. :shrug:

...rustee u try elon musks sat innet yet?

Nah but I do need something faster because I work at home and often need to download IPSWs and shit. NewWave has said if I get enough signatures in the area they would come thru with some new infrastructure, I’d prefer that over satellite. Just gotta go thru the community and convince everyone to sign up.

Last edited:
Musk's satellite seems pretty sweet. Pretty easy to take mobile if you live/stay in multiple areas.

I’ve had satellite TV before and I’m not much of a fan. Trees and storm clouds were the enemy. Little rain storm meant no TV and it was super expensive.

Although that was a long time ago and perhaps improvements have been made :shrug: all I know is that it is still pretty damn expensive compared to DSL and Cable.

yeah, the only point of anything over 100mpbs is to download stuff WAY faster instead of waiting around. i mean, who cares if you have to wait 3 hours instead of 19 minutes to download a multiplayer game while everyone is waiting.

:ftard:

personally, i like to be able to download a 20 gigabyte movie faster than it takes to cook microwave popcorn. :shrug:

sure but thats a rare luxury want... and furthermore demands the sender have that bandwidth. cases being a huge game patch or a popular torrent that u absolutely need asap for watever reason... which is almost never for most people

32 Mbs down
5 Mbs up

Don't assume satellites will be there, they're too easy to target

Musk's satellite seems pretty sweet. Pretty easy to take mobile if you live/stay in multiple areas.
They charge for that. Still probably better than hoping for mobile coverage if you're in the back country.

Starlink adds $25/month TechCrunch

Starlink has introduced a paid add-on feature that lets customers “temporarily” move their service to different locations — anywhere within the same continent as their permanent service address that is currently served by Starlink satellite availability. The add-on will cost an additional $25 per month for users in the U.S.

All-told, if you want Starlink’s regular service plus the ability to hop in the RV and set up with high-speed internet wherever you fall within Starlink’s coverage zones and have a decently clear view of the sky, you’ll be paying $135 per month.

(you also can't use it while you're moving obviously, satellite dish needs to be stationary)

Back