[Film!] The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (FINCHER)

Because Americans don't like subtitles and the books are very popular. So money why the fuck else would they be doing it. Need has jack shit to do with why.

I understand why they're making it. I'm just saying I am not very enthusiastic about it.

Most foreign films that have great stories have less than great production simply because their industry just isn't as developed as America's. That being said, the Swedish version of this film is not one of those. It is a very well-made movie by anyone's standards. Thus, I can't see the appeal in remaking it because I'm confident any other version will be worse. It's not like remaking the A-Team or The Longest Yard. It's more like remaking Schindler's List.

I think the movie released with a really good dubbing would have done really well. But then, I'm probably giving the general population too much credit in thinking there is a snowball's chance in hell of a movie starring none of the hot actors of the minute doing well.

i fucking hated days of heaven, but i loved the thin red line and enjoyed the new world (and would probably like it more upon another viewing)

for those of you talking about the distribution debate, the print and advertising costs of doing a national release are quite expensive, and for an art film like this (snobby, pretentious, dull, etc) it doesn't make any sense to drop $20M to market and release it

it'll grow with demand (like black swan) or it won't

It's not like remaking the A-Team or The Longest Yard. It's more like remaking Schindler's List.

Agree, 100%. It actually upsets me that remaking this, and pissed off that I'm seeing a lot of the same shots. How fucking derivative can you get?

I actually thought all 3 books were kinda.. meh

I know I am in the huge minority but I didn't really see the big deal

I agree. I stopped after the first book. It was a slow uninteresting story. No interest in the movie at all.

I liked the first book but I had no desire to read the third after finishing the second. I am too much of a misogynist to appreciate or believe that a cyber punk hacker emo asbergers strong willed woman exists and is compelling. The first book was solid though, just didnt care enough about the characters to follow through.

Back