Fileplanet Weekly (Newsletter)

Dalmar

Veteran X
I found this at the bottom of this weeks' newsletter, I REALLY hope they're talking about T:V.
Fileplanet Weekly said:
Thursday, August 12th, 2004

- Subscriber Exclusives! -

FilePlanet has had a number of great exclusives over the past few months and it's only going to get better in the near future. We have something coming up that everyone is going to want to get involved with next week and we're sure you won't be disappointed. On top of that, A Tale in the Desert 2 Beta is currently for subscribers only! Blah, blah, blah....

[size=+3]TRIBES: VENGEANCE, ANYONE!?![/size]
disturbed.gif

Wait a minute, I recall the Fileplanet "Open" beta actually being an EXTENSION OF THE CLOSED BETA? Thus not really being "Open" beta. :marweas:

This could very well be our biggest "hint" all week boys.

I call bs...they are all going out of there way to give us a big big surprise. It will be next week. They are trying to hide that, kinda like your parents denying that they got you what you wanted for your birthday.

Dalmar said:
I found this at the bottom of this weeks' newsletter, I REALLY hope they're talking about T:V.

Are there any other games near completion that FP could be talking about with this?

FilePlanet said:
Be Sure to keep your eyes on FilePlanet next week for a nice surprise that's sure to make you squeal with delight.

This was also in the newsletter at the end of the same paragraph. I don't know anything else besides the T:V beta that would make me squeal with delight. :)

Last edited:
Dalmar said:
Wait a minute, I recall the Fileplanet "Open" beta actually being an EXTENSION OF THE CLOSED BETA? Thus not really being "Open" beta. :marweas:

This could very well be our biggest "hint" all week boys.

Actually, the FP Beta was getting the Open Beta a week early before it was available for general download. At least, that's the way I alway read it. Not an extension of Closed, but Open beginning early.

Ceiling_Fan said:
Actually, the FP Beta was getting the Open Beta a week early before it was available for general download. At least, that's the way I alway read it. Not an extension of Closed, but Open beginning early.

Oh? Because I remember hearing that it was an extension of the closed beta, similar to the beta given to those who attended Tribal Wars.

Ceiling_Fan said:

If I remember correctly, only people who have "premium" (paid) accounts on FilePlanet will be able to download the Open Beta at first. One week after this FilePlant exclusive, the Open Beta will be truly "open" and everyone will be able to download it for free. The FilePlanet beta and the one released a week afterwards should be identical, although the packaging might be different.

I personally find it disgusting to have to pay to be a beta tester, so I'll probably just wait it out the extra week.

I believe the confusion was caused when some members of this forum expressed a similar distaste for this practice, and Menzo replied by telling us to think of the FilePlanet one week early beta, as an extension of closed beta, if it'd make us feel better.

Part or all of what I just wrote above may be incorrect. Thank you for your attention.

Edit: Here's the quote:

Menzo said:
It is going to be a FilePlanet exclusive for a week so you're going to have to get over it. If it makes you feel any better you can think of this as a pre-open beta. That's right, this isn't really a FilePlanet open beta exclusive, this is an entirely different animal for FilePlanet people - they get a one-week opportunity into the CLOSED beta just like people who attend Tribal-Wars and pre-order get a multi-week opportunity.

Does that make you feel better?

Last edited:
Apotheosis said:
If I remember correctly, only people who have "premium" (paid) accounts on FilePlanet will be able to download the Open Beta at first. One week after this FilePlant exclusive, the Open Beta will be truly "open" and everyone will be able to download it for free. The FilePlanet beta and the one released a week afterwards should be identical, although the packaging might be different.

I personally find it disgusting to have to pay to be a beta tester, so I'll probably just wait it out the extra week.

I believe the confusion was caused when some members of this forum expressed a similar distaste for this practice, and Menzo replied by telling us to think of the FilePlanet one week early beta, as an extension of closed beta, if it'd make us feel better.

Part or all of what I just wrote above may be incorrect. Thank you for your attention.

Edit: Here's the quote:
FP subscriptions are well worth it, we get all sorts of deals.

Back