[Fight Club] Nerds at it

Yeah I saw this the other day.

(Since you'll probably make it into this thread after seeing the title, luc this article made me think of you...;))

fartiusstinkius said:
Yeah I saw this the other day.

(Since you'll probably make it into this thread after seeing the title, luc this article made me think of you...;))
I saw this article yesterday too.

Heh, man, I sincerely hope that I'm less pathetic than that.

What they're doing is cathartic, but it's not sustainable. I don't get why, since MMA exists, they feel the need to do that silly shit. They can go down to any number of MMA/BJJ gyms and get their asses beat down in broad daylight, with no secrecy necessary. You can work it into part of your schedule. It's just as straightforward and guileless, just as cathartic, and you have a chance of actually improving. Oh, and plus, you could do it for several hours per day if you wanted, not just a few adrenaline-and-blood-soaked minutes.

While we don't have an official fight club where I work, we do get pissed off and beat the shit out of each other a lot.

"You get to be a superhero for a night," Klimanis said. "We have to go to work every day. We're constantly told to buy things we don't need, and just for a couple hours we have the freedom to do what we want to do."

So this dude must have Fight Club on repeat in his DVD player. I'd check his hands, too.

If I was really 'free' for a couple hours I wouldn't want to get my ass kicked. I can think of better ways to relax.

#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.

#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

#4 - Two guys to a fight.

#5 - One fight at a time.

#6 - No shirts, no shoes.

#7 - Fights will go on as long as they have to.

#8 - If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

What the fuck ever. If it's consentual let them fight or fuck each other for all I care.

Cuthbert said:
If I was really 'free' for a couple hours I wouldn't want to get my ass kicked. I can think of better ways to relax.
That part I understand. It's not relaxing. You're sitting almost totally motionless for maybe 16 hours straight every day during crunch or prior to a rollout, doing all of your work between your ears, in an industry where the average is a year late and 100% over budget, trying heroically to interest yourself in problems that no one, including you now, gives a shit about but that MUST be solved ...

For me, it had nothing to do with relaxing and everything to do with controlled demolition.

mr_luc
maybe the secrecy is part of the thrill...

but I agree, nothing like getting beaten by your mates at the gym... afterwards you can go out and have few beers with em.

gayjiujitsu.jpg

Denver said:
I love that picture.

Also, the first time I rolled with a female (a judoka) and did the knee-under-the-ass guard pass to make her open her legs, I felt like such a rapist. :rofl: Ironically, more than five years of TW has acclimated me to gaydom to the point where I never felt weird learning to grapple with men.

mznthrope said:
While we don't have an official fight club where I work, we do get pissed off and beat the shit out of each other a lot.

me too

you'd be suprised how much a rolled up movie poster can hurt if you hit someone hard enough.

Hrm. I work at an opera company, now. If I ever hit one of my current co-workers like we used to do in the Coast Guard, they'd probably crumble into a little gay ball and start crying.

Of course, then I could console them. :brows:

Back